Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

02599: Frorigh, Frost Giant

Great job!! I like these giants better than the Bones versions, and you've done an excellent job bringing him to life.

• Like 1

His expressive face makes the mini for moi. VERY WELL DONE once more!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

Love the palette on this one so much. I have a ton of photos with this palette for inspiration...someday. The peachy/orangey contrast to the blue shadows is one of my favorite natural combos (and we see it a lot in the snow here!). Glad to see someone actually paint with it!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Citrine
      Look at that winning smile!  He wants you to come for dinner....
      Reaper Bones Burrowing Horror (SKU 77372)
      I am sad to see the paint has rubbed off in some places, might have to try to patch that up by using some Reaper liner.

• By Citrine
      My son's girlfriend stayed with us a week in the middle of May and I ran a Savage World WW2 horror one-shot for my husband, my son and the girlfriend.  Ernesto here was one of the pre-generated characters I had ready (Guerilla Hernando Sanchez), and my husband played him.

Ernesto, Revolutionary Reaper SKU 50043

• By Pingo
      These are two copies of the Reaper Bones Large Earth Elemental 77185, sculpted by Kevin Williams.

I saw someone, I can’t recall who, paint up, it might have been one of these, like cooling lava which I thought was lovely, so I wanted to give it a try. I painted the lava version very quickly, in a few sessions: A layer of butter-yellow intensified with yellow glazing, then laying on pure black paint rather thickly, then some washes of Quinacridone Magenta and some fiddling with that and yellow on the gems.

The rock version I painted v-e-r-y slowly, in many layers over time, often with whatever paint was left on my palette from other paintings. I’m not sure when I started it, but since I haven’t painted any minis at all for the last year, it’s been some time.

I thought it interesting how very different a sculpt can look depending on how you paint it.

• By Maledrakh
      44079 Giant Cave Sloth (#617)

Fossils of Megatherium (which literally means "Great Beast") aka the giant ground sloth have been found in deposits dated to the Pliocene era 5.33 million and up to the  Holocene, about 8.000 years ago. Which means it actually may have been contemprorary to early modern humans. Who in turn might even have killed them off. After all, a 4 ton elephant sized sloth might be both easy to catch and good eating.

50mm base. Sculpted by Jason Wiebe.

Great Beasts indeed!

From the Lost Valley expansion
      Bones 4 kickstarter, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Made in Bones Black PVC
      available from reapermini.com

These models were completed the 2nd of May.
    • By Maledrakh
      44075 Axebeak (#608)

Axebeak, or Phorusrhacos, was one of the great terror birds of the Miocene era, about 23-2.6 million years ago. Also it is, in fact, the direct forebearer of the modern era Chocobo bird. This Primal Chocobo was rather more bloody minded than the modern one, and would not accept any riders whatsover.

The base I printed out for it is 65x35mm.
      Sculpted by Jason Wiebe

Great Beasts indeed!

From the Lost Valley expansion
      Bones 4 kickstarter, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Made in Bones Black PVC
      available from reapermini.com

These models were completed the 2nd of May.
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)