Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

Sir Conlan, Crusader Sergeant 14037

Truly Magnificent Mr. Jason. I am quite fond of the gold trim on that metallic armor paint job. :)

• Like 1

Truly Magnificent Mr. Jason. I am quite fond of the gold trim on that metallic armor paint job. :)

I based the Armor off  of the "Nuremburg Armor" that is on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC.

I used to stand in front of all those mounted knights in the great hall with my mouth open, and totally overawed.

That's where the black and gold armor idea orignated from.

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 1

Wow.. This is amazingly eerie for a light paint job. It just seems to speak to me. I think I have to steal this colour scheme. :D

• Like 1

Great job, Jay!!!

My only critique is small, the blending between highlight and mintone isn't as good as you usually do, but overall a wonderful job. :D

• Like 1

Wow.. This is amazingly eerie for a light paint job. It just seems to speak to me. I think I have to steal this colour scheme. :D

ROFL.  I am honored.

I look forward to seeing what you did with it !

• Like 1

Nice paint job, but isn't it Sir Conlan, with an L instead of a T?

THANK YOU Inarah;

I didn't catch the Typo, seems you were the only one !

Nice Catch.

I corrected it.

I thought the name looked strange....LOL

I forgot to mention that the metallic paints I am using were from Vallejo.

I find their blue gunmetal, gray gunmetal, and gold superior in their application,

they flow really well, and I think their pigments are just ground super super fine.

I was unhappy with metals for quite some time until I switched to them.

• Like 1

Very nicely painted figure.  I do believe you have surpassed me in basing skill.

Thanks Silvervane;

I doubt if I have surpassed you at all, I suspect that our resident Enabler has given me one of the clues to good basing.

Make the figure interesting in some way.  Position him/her so that the focus changes, add a contrasting color, or something

unexpected.  In this one I used a piece of cork, cut out using a nickle as a guide (perfect size to fit in a 32mm round base).

Glued some sand to it, then glued down a stone and used the green flock to hide an ugly foot.  If he were old maybe I would have

used a tooth pick as a cane on the ground, or toss a spare broken lance, or sword at his feet.  Its terrific fun doing that !. 

I read your statement, and I was totally intrigued by your Comment.

"This is amazingly eerie for a light paint job. It just seems to speak to me"

Could you explain it to me ? 

Maybe there is something in there I could learn.

:;):

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this