Bones Razor CAV

fishnjeeps

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SO how did you come up with the color scheme? Any idea in particular that sparked this fantastic Mechanized wonder?

Funny you should ask...

Beer, Laundry, and lack of sleep is the short answer.

I knew from the information given in the kickstarter that the Malvernian color was purple so I wanted to use that for my malvernis force. But I didn't want all purple. I thought I read somewhere that Malvernis were space vampires or something (I could be wrong but that was my thinking) so I wanted a darker theme so i thought black. But not pure black, so I used nightmare black which is more of a really dark blue. I just used more layers where I wanted it darker and the bluer areas have fewer layers so its more blue. I added the purple in areas that I thought it looked good in and sat back and finished off my beer then changed over the laundry and folded what was in the drier. This was as 430 monday morning... I looked over the colors I had available to use for the cockpit glass and settled or MSP Moss Green. I also used a pearlecent ink over top to give more of an electric force feild look for the cocpit. I liked the color enough, so I continued to use it for the smaller details as well. I finished it off with a Blood Angels  decal on the leg (Again thinking space vampires) that I had laying around. I finished off with my usual basing for mini's of this scale and added the lines to show facing and as a force building marker. (1 line is attack, 2 lines recon, 3 lines fire support etc.) I only do this on models that I intend to play with.

EDIT to add: I used P3 Pigiron for the silver metal parts

Edited by fishnjeeps
  • Like 2

SO how did you come up with the color scheme? Any idea in particular that sparked this fantastic Mechanized wonder?

Funny you should ask...

Beer, Laundry, and lack of sleep is the short answer.

I knew from the information given in the kickstarter that the Malvernian color was purple so I wanted to use that for my malvernis force. But I didn't want all purple. I thought I read somewhere that Malvernis were space vampires or something (I could be wrong but that was my thinking) so I wanted a darker theme so i thought black. But not pure black, so I used nightmare black which is more of a really dark blue. I just used more layers where I wanted it darker and the bluer areas have fewer layers so its more blue. I added the purple in areas that I thought it looked good in and sat back and finished off my beer then changed over the laundry and folded what was in the drier. This was as 430 monday morning... I looked over the colors I had available to use for the cockpit glass and settled or MSP Moss Green. I also used a pearlecent ink over top to give more of an electric force feild look for the cocpit. I liked the color enough, so I continued to use it for the smaller details as well. I finished it off with a Blood Angels  decal on the leg (Again thinking space vampires) that I had laying around. I finished off with my usual basing for mini's of this scale and added the lines to show facing and as a force building marker. (1 line is attack, 2 lines recon, 3 lines fire support etc.) I only do this on models that I intend to play with.

EDIT to add: I used P3 Pigiron for the silver metal parts

That was a good read! :) And I think I will steal your line idea, that is a good idea! Also I think the Ritterlich are the space vampires.

• Like 1