haldir

Pathfinder: Giantslayer AP

Getting down on one knee, Ragnar wraps up Cham in a bear hug and whispers to her, "Cham, he was a great friend to all of Tunau, I understand you're uspet and rightly so. Gods, I'm upset myself. But we need to get to the bottom of this and I need you to be strong, for the Captain." Here he reaches up and wipes the tears from her eyes. "Can you show us the room where you found the Captain? Or at least tell us which one it was so we can investigate it ourselves? Also, can you tell me if anything seemed out of the ordinary last night?

• Like 1

I'm sorry, Kurst. One quick question: Was Rodrick right or left handed? May I please take the weapon to compare it to the wounds on Rodrick? (Will put it in my bolt case to protect it and preserve the evidence on it).

(To my companions...) I can help question these people Kurst has recommended, but I think my talents are best served at the scene of the possible crime to rule in or out foul play.

Branwyn will speak "I am not so good at dealing with people usually. Perhaps the more charismatic should. I admit I feel a bit helpless, but I will do my best to help where I can."

"Poison? Rikki know poison....can help you look for signs of it maybe. Poison, or other things...If Rikki wanted to kill himself, Rikki wouldn't want to feel it"

Ragnar you talk to Cham, the female halfling is in her mid 40s, not quite middle age. She has long brown hair which she keeps tied up in a long stylized ponytail. She has large brown eyes which of course are tinged red as are her cheeks.

Cham 

"Well last night was little Ruby's ceremony & everyone was in a great mood. Rod' came in a little before 1 this morning & he asked me to wake him up in a few hours. Other then that it was a calm nothing out of the ordinary kinda night. When I went to wake him up this morning. I didn't hear a response from him, which I found odd since he always acknowledges when I knock & call for him. I opened his door & ask if he was ok & that is when I saw the.the.."

She pauses but is able to find the strength to continue.

"The body. His eyes, his poor eyes. They just were open & stared up into the air at the ceiling. He was covered in blood, & his wrists were slit."

"I fainted & cried at the top of my lungs. Next thing I know I'm laying on a open bed & Cruz, a militia-man was by my side. Oh why did he do it, why?!?"

She starts to cry.

(Make a Sense Motive Check)

Kurst says his brother was the same hand he is. Right-handed. He hands the knife over saying again he will need it back for the funeral services.

Beorht will carefully handle the knife and take up the captain's offer to examine the room and body.

He will pay attention to where the blood has been spilled(bed, floor, wall, ceiling?) ligature marks, stuff placed in the mouth, other areas of injury. I'll take up the offers of help from our companions who noted they are skilled at detecting lingering magic and signs of poison.

Beorht thinks out loud:

"If this man slit his own wrists, he should have blood all over himself, and the slashes should be apparent as one right handed and one left handed slash, likely with blood on the handle of the HopeKnife. If someone else slashed his wrists while helpless, it would likely be the same handed-ness and probably not as much blood getting far away from the wrists."

Sense motive = 8, kind of preoccupied.

Take 20 on the heal check in the room = 27

I'll also take 20 on Perception in the room = 23

Any suicide note?

Beorht will carefully handle the knife and take up the captain's offer to examine the room and body.

He will pay attention to where the blood has been spilled(bed, floor, wall, ceiling?) ligature marks, stuff placed in the mouth, other areas of injury. I'll take up the offers of help from our companions who noted they are skilled at detecting lingering magic and signs of poison.

Beorht thinks out loud:

"If this man slit his own wrists, he should have blood all over himself, and the slashes should be apparent as one right handed and one left handed slash, likely with blood on the handle of the HopeKnife. If someone else slashed his wrists while helpless, it would likely be the same handed-ness and probably not as much blood getting far away from the wrists."

Sense motive = 8, kind of preoccupied.

Take 20 on the heal check in the room = 27

I'll also take 20 on Perception in the room = 23

Any suicide note?

Sense Motive 14+6=20

Ragnar turns to the others and says "Seems kind of odd to me that someone who was planning to kill themself would ask for a wake up call. What are ya'll thinking?"

"Rikki is thinking several things do not quite make sense. Rikki does not know of course, but it seems odd to Rikki if he was able to cut both wrists. Having someone come and find him after the fact makes some sense though, but Rikki has to wonder. What makes a person want to die by their own hand? Especially one who is in position where they could die doing something?"

• Like 1

Ragnar

You notice something is really bothering Cham. As she talks you can see she kinda bites her lip & she tends to look away ever so suddenly.

Beorht

You are heading up the stairs when Cham starts talking & don't see what Ragnar does. The captain takes you to the room & opens it up. Inside you find a simple room with only a cot & writing desk. The cot itself  is pretty cheap with only straw stuffed inside. The desk is in a slightly better condition, but you don't see anything worth noting about it. A cracked window on the southern wall is the only other exit from this room.

You can't miss the blood stains on the mattress thou. With your expertise & findings you see the bloodstains don't appear to be self-inflicted.Rodrick was killed in the night by someone or something.

Your room search does turn up a false bottom on the writing desk as well, thou nothing is in it.

As you continue your search you make out something stuck between the wall & headboard. It's a small piece of paper, thou it isn't the suicide note.

Mysterious Note

Ragnar whispers into her ear, "Cham, I can tell something is really bothering you. Is there something you haven't told us? At this point anything, no matter how small, could be a clue to what happened to the Captain. We, I, need your help. For the captain, and his family, please?" Then puts his hand on her shoulder in a comforting way and flashes his biggest toothy grin, trying to get her to open up,

(Diplomacy 16+7=23)

• Like 1

(waiting for others to respond)

I will have a post up tomorrow regardless