haldir

Pathfinder: Giantslayer AP

Beorht sidles up behind Ragnar to help out.

"Guardsman, fear not our little ranous amphibian friend! His heart is true and he wishes to help. Please, if you have any information about a human stranger ne'er-do-well coming or going in the last 24 hours, let us know. We need to find him to further our investigation of Captain Roderick's death."

Just in case, I rolled a Diplomacy check.

20+6=26.

Branwyn remains silent but does decide to remain alert to the area. For all she knows the person could be trying to leave soon or just left. If he was so ordinary then he might blend in making this frustrating. 

The guard that speaks up is a young human male (prob early 20s) & is quite friendly & talkative

"I haven't seen anyone this morning & I've been here most of the morning. To be honest there hasn't been a whole lot of traffic this morning. I guess with little Ruby's party last night..people are sleepin' it off a bit."

"People," says Beorht when the group reconvenes. " I get the sinking suspicion we might be chasing a ghost. The only clue we have that it could be a strange dark nondescript human is the word of our overly-emotional inn keeper! Perhaps we should be questioning her more thoroughly! Perhaps she does protest too much."

Branwyn ponders before speaking "I admit I am not very good at this. Before I came here my family was very isolated and did not welcome outsiders. So though I have learned much in my time here there are aspects that still confuse me. But I do wonder one thing. Is there any way his death and those strange grafittis could be connected. I mean most are high up and we don't know what causes them either."

She pauses "It is but a thought."

Looking at Beorht, Ragnar says,"I highly doubt Cham had anything to do with this, outside of what she's told us. Murder is bad for business." Looking at Branwyn he continues, "Perhaps there is a correlation, but before we going climbing over all the roofs of the city, " here he turns and smiles at Rikki "even though some of us no doubt have great skill as such, I think we should visit his fiance. If anything was worrying the captain before his death it's quite possible he shared it with her."

The other guard, a male human probably in his 30s overhears your conversation & responds to the wall comment.

"The only time those ladders are used if the city is under siege & even then the circumstances have to be dire. While it provide a way out for us, it would also provide a way in for our enemies. Also, they are on the walls & only the guardsman are allowed on the walls."

"Rikki would not use ladders, but Rikki is used to climbing things. But that is a good point, always there are guards, to sneak out would not be easy, even for grippli like Rikki. Person may still be in city. One human amongst many is not easy to find, except maybe in place like this where strangers are rare....Rikki think we should talk to fiance person first, but then Rikki things should talk to others and see if they have seen stranger around?"

As the party is discussing what to do next a guard comes running up to the gate, he seems to be coming for the party.

He reaches the party out of breath he barely gets out

"Ragnar, your mother has summoned you. She says she needs you for a mission of importance for her."

With that, Ragnar bids the party farewell & wishes them luck on the search for Roderick's killer. He leaves with the guard.

(again, thanks for playing dwarvenranger)

"Well, looks like we will be continuing the investigation without Ragnar.  Let us be of the question the fiance."

With that Thomlin swings back in to the saddle and coaxes his steed into a slow walk.

"Rikki hopes Ragnar's problem is not serious." With that the Grippli shrugged his shoulders and moved off to follow the horse