haldir

Pathfinder: Giantslayer AP

Rikki watched Kurst depart then shook his head in a gesture that, where it not for the seriousness of the situation would probably look comical. "Rrrikki does not like this" The grippli said sadly, "Rikki is thinking this is start of something bad bad. If he not do it to himself, someone did it to him, and very carefully too. Very skillfully also, if no one heard anything. Rikki know a lot about not being seen or heard, and even a lot on how to kill people , but Riki would not want to try do it in a full inn, and make really does not think Rikki could do it and make it look like a suicide. Teacher could have, but teacher was sometimes very scary. Do not want to have to deal with someone with skills like teacher showed."

"Cham has given us the description of a suspicious man that stayed here last night. Human, long dark hair, average height, big jaw. Not much to go on I know. He was in traveling clothes, and paid extra in gold to not have his name taken. Perhaps he was a traveling assassin hired to kill the captain? In which case he may have already left town. We should check with the gate guards to see if anyone matching that...rather vague description left over the evening or this morning."

Branwyn had been silent "If I knew his track I could try tracking him. My skills though are of the most use outside of the town. That said though if you can point at tracks or uncovering of tracks I could potentially track the person down for you. I would say that if it is a stranger he might have gathered some attention as an unknown. Some questions at the right places may help. There is generally someone awake around here."

Beorht agrees..."I think you are offering a good next step, Branwyn. Perhaps Cham hasn't cleaned that room yet, and we can get a track from that floor? If not, asking at the city gate or even stable-hands as was mentioned also, as he may have fled town by way of a horse.

The party searches the room again.

(need Perceps & a Survival check)

The room hasn't been clean since yesterday (before it was rented out).

Just to update, since it's been awhile since I posted this: Kurst gave out the following leads:

Brinya Kelver, a female half-orc that Rodrick has been romantically involved with. She is a weaver, living in a boarding house just northwest of the Commons.

Omar Fast, a family friend, like uncle to Rodrick & Kurst & fellow guardsman that shared patrols with Rodrick. He can be found by asking the guardsman as he'll be mostly on patrol

Cham Larringfass, a female halfling who owns the Ramblehouse. She is the one who discovered Rodrick's body this morning.

Physical clues:

Rodrick's hopeknife. On loan from Kurst, the blade was found with Rodrick's blood on it at the scene of the crime.

Receipt from Sara Morninghawk Fine Steel for a hopeknife with Rodrick being the one who purchased it. This was found tucked behind the Rodrick's headboard

False bottom, this was found in the desk drawer in Rodrick's room The compartment was empty thou.

Mysterious visitor last night. A tall but gangly human with no discernible features other then he had a square jaw & dark hair. He might have been a traveler as his clothes were suited for that. Name: Unknown. Whereabouts: Unknown

Branwyn will look around using her tracking skills more to help

Perception: 22 (16+8)

Survival: 25 (19+6)

OOC

My dice apparently love being used again

• Like 1

"I shall head to the gate, to see if the guards have seen anyone matching the description of the man Cham gave us. While I'm there, I'll see if I can find Omar. Perhaps he might have some insight into what is going on. Does anyone wish to accompany me?"

"I think we should all stick together. Border outposts such as this could be raided at any time," suggests Beorht as he prepares to accompany his fellows to the gate.

"rikki will go wherever the search for clues takes. Rikki can go places and look at things bigger people might have trouble with too, and roof tops, or dark holes hold no problem for Rikki" the Grippli said mater of factly with just the slightest hint of pride, and perhaps even a hint of excitment to his voice

Nothing else can be gained by looking around the room, besides what has already been found.

You don't find any tracks in the room.

The party makes it's way to the only gate in & out of Trunau.

(as quoted from the player's guide for the AP)

Trunau has only a single gate, as anyone needing to exit or enter during a siege could simply use a rope ladder dropped down from the cliffs at the town’s higher end. The gate is built to overlap the stones to either side, allowing the rock of the hill to reinforce it against battering rams. Atop each rock stands a wooden watchtower large enough for a dozen defenders to fire bows or pour boiling water down on attackers from relative safety. Both to intimidate the orcs and to guard against fiery arrows, the towers’ sides and roofs are armored with the shields and breastplates of orcs who’ve assaulted the walls and died, their various clan symbols prominently displayed. The town council sets a precise watch schedule to make sure that plenty of eyes are on the wall both day and night, and all adults in the village are required to take regular shifts.

As you approach, a couple guardsman take note of your party, especially Rikki

"Can we help you??" a male human, prob in his 20s says

"Well met brothers. We are looking for a human male that most likely entered Trudeau yesterday and left this morning. " Ragnar gives the mans description with an apologetic shug. "I know it's not much but it's all we have for now. He's wanted for questioning in the death of Captain Roderick. "