Thank you so much!  I appreciate the encouragement.  Who knows, maybe one day I'll make my living sculpting.  Don't worry, though, I'm a teacher so I'm already used to living on next to nothing  ;=) 

Seriously, though, kudos to all the actually professional sculptors for following this crazy dream and making it work!

Edited by Pippin
  • Like 2
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Due to the inspiration of the great work by Michael and his encouragement as well as others on this forum (especially Cosmic_mastermind) and friends and family, I've finally finished my first batch of

So, I've been working on the anthro minis, but I've also been dabbling in terrain pieces.  Last night, I did a bit on my anthro figures, made a few more armatures, and then figured since I was going t

My minis keep looking better and better...until I take pictures and then recognize flaws I still have to fix.  Ah well. This update is kind of fun.  The first 4 characters you'll see are simply more

Posted Images

Okay, here's a lovely trio of ladies I sculpted.  Shots from the front and back for the full character view.

On the left, we have a lovely lady who could fill the role of a rogue, perhaps a witch or sorceress, or maybe a pirate.

In the middle, a dual dagger wielding warrior woman.  Or maybe a rogue.

And on the right is my cartomancer/harrower again.

I rather enjoy the ladies and hope you all do as well.

post-13795-0-77910100-1449887347_thumb.jpg

post-13795-0-04356900-1449887360_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

They look good! You're coming along nicely with the sculpting. 

I do think you should slow down a bit though, and spend more time refining a single figure... I know there's always an urge to get the sculpt finished and start another, but taking your time and really learning to manipulate and smooth the putty will pay off long term.

Yeah, the slowing down thing is challenging.  I'm definitely going slower than I had been, but there's absolutely logic in what you're saying.  It's the wisest and most frustrating thing all at the same time   :=)  Thanks as always for your input, oh great one! 

• Like 1

They look good! You're coming along nicely with the sculpting. 

I do think you should slow down a bit though, and spend more time refining a single figure... I know there's always an urge to get the sculpt finished and start another, but taking your time and really learning to manipulate and smooth the putty will pay off long term.

I was thinking the same thing, but couldn't come up with a good reply.  Lovejoy, you hit it squarely.

• Like 1