Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

Derek the Dim (Red Box Games)

Next up another half-orc, and purposefully so this time. Derek the Dim, from Tre Manor's Red Box Games. He was an accidental acquisition, sent by mistake. Tre was kind enough to let me keep him. He wasn't on my radar at all during the Kickstarter, but I fell in love a little, honestly, when I saw him in person.

More of my home-brewed orc-ish skin tone on this, though I left him unwashed (heh). Only real thing with which I managed to tickle myself on this one was the rope (him and on Dirk, soon to be posted, both). Don't think it shows in the crappy pictures well, but it actually turned out great on these guys.

WP_20150323_057_zpsmsk3z404.jpg

WP_20150323_058_zpsjr7zdf1u.jpg

WP_20150323_059_zpsfpgazayr.jpg

Thanks for looking. Feel free to comment and critique and what's it alls it.

• Like 20

UBERCOOL mini...he reminds me of a more muscular Marty Feldman, AND NICELY painted. The pale skin color looks WONDERFUL....it suits the mini. GREAT WORK!

• Like 1

Thanks, y'all. I wouldn't go as far as "superb" or anything, haha, but I was happy with him. A lot of that's just that it's just plain a great sculpt*.

I actually had a lot of trouble getting some of the paints to stick with this guy. I don't know if my black Krylon primer is betraying me or what. Yellows, like his hood, didn't seem to like this guy, especially. May need more white. In spots. Eh.

*But while we're here, my only real complaint about any of my RBG sculpts, I think: I'd like a little more horizontal definition or something on the leather/padded/what'sit guys' armors.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      It has been a while since I painted anything. A combination of my arms acting up again and my just not feeling it. Call it the recurring fallow season.
      So I am getting back on track with some Orcs.  These are partly from the first Bones kickstarter and partly from the third. All together a nice band of 10.
      There are nine different orcs that are variants made on only two basic bodies, plus a singular warchief that I think fits in with the lot of them.
      I originally based them on 40mm round bases with sloped edges, the thinner-than-citadel knockoff ones. But there was always something not quite right about them, the bases were simply too large for the minis. So off they came. I ended up with making 37mm 3D-printed ones instead. I think they fit well on these minis.

lots of pictures below

• By Glitterwolf
      Artisan Guild 3D Design.
      Printed on my Elegoo Mars.

Part of my Horde of the North Project.
      WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79398-horde-of-the-north-glitterwolf-paints-barbarians-and-mammoths/&tab=comments#comment-1686478

Here she is.
      For those interested she is a free sample on Thingieverse.

• By Vytau
      So here is one of two converted Kang, Half-Orcs (02514) I've done.  Pretty sure I posted the other one around here somewhere...maybe I'll try to dig it up later for a side-by-side. 

Anyway, here goes:  

Kang Half-Orc converted to carry a Reaper Bow in his left hand  and a battleaxe in his right (the plastic Bones 3 weapon sprues).  Also has a shield (a GW bit from a really old Brettonian knight) and a GW quiver (Mordheim / Empire free company).   Shield painted purple and yellow because I like color and I get bored painting "realistic" neutrals & darks & such.  As always, my mini photography skills are complete butt thanks in part to using a really cheap light box and a really cheap camera phone.  

99% reaper paints:  Olive triad mixed with scholar flesh, pure black and white, woodland brown, ashen brown, white metal triad, various washes. 

This mini actually has kind of a weird story.  

This mini represents my character Zarkosh Bowyer in a short Wildemount campaign.  This campaign is being played 100% online thanks to COVID-19, so he is 100% unnecessary.  Same goes for another mini I painted (Duke Gerard in Bones and Metal) which was for a DIFFERENT 100% online campaign.  But that's only part of the backstory. 

I actually BOUGHT this miniature back in like 2004.  I bought two of him - my friend & roommate and I decided to play Barbarian brothers from the same tribe.  I converted and painted mine to carry a war hammer and a shield.  My roommate never got around to doing anything with his, and so it went back in my "Someday" box.  

For sixteen years. 

Anyway, I finally got around to doing something with the mini - hopefully, Zarkosh does better in this campaign than the previous character incarnating the mini did in his!  

May come back and tidy up some edges & half-tones, may not.  Don't know how much more time I want to give this one.  Probably won't get TONS better than it is now, so here we go. 

• By Maledrakh
      From Bones 1, Nor'Okk the Ettin

...maybe I should get me a turntable and start making 360 videos instead...

50mm base

77103 Nor'Okk the Ettin
      Reaper Miniatures 2012
      from the Bones 1 kickstarter, "Mind Your Manors" add-on
      Sculpted by Tre Manor
      Bones classic (The orginial soft bendy material)
      50mm base

• Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)