Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

Derek the Dim (Red Box Games)

Next up another half-orc, and purposefully so this time. Derek the Dim, from Tre Manor's Red Box Games. He was an accidental acquisition, sent by mistake. Tre was kind enough to let me keep him. He wasn't on my radar at all during the Kickstarter, but I fell in love a little, honestly, when I saw him in person.

More of my home-brewed orc-ish skin tone on this, though I left him unwashed (heh). Only real thing with which I managed to tickle myself on this one was the rope (him and on Dirk, soon to be posted, both). Don't think it shows in the crappy pictures well, but it actually turned out great on these guys.

WP_20150323_057_zpsmsk3z404.jpg

WP_20150323_058_zpsjr7zdf1u.jpg

WP_20150323_059_zpsfpgazayr.jpg

Thanks for looking. Feel free to comment and critique and what's it alls it.

• Like 20

UBERCOOL mini...he reminds me of a more muscular Marty Feldman, AND NICELY painted. The pale skin color looks WONDERFUL....it suits the mini. GREAT WORK!

• Like 1

Thanks, y'all. I wouldn't go as far as "superb" or anything, haha, but I was happy with him. A lot of that's just that it's just plain a great sculpt*.

I actually had a lot of trouble getting some of the paints to stick with this guy. I don't know if my black Krylon primer is betraying me or what. Yellows, like his hood, didn't seem to like this guy, especially. May need more white. In spots. Eh.

*But while we're here, my only real complaint about any of my RBG sculpts, I think: I'd like a little more horizontal definition or something on the leather/padded/what'sit guys' armors.

• Like 1