• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Loim
      Ladless and Gentlemints, I've been kicking this idea around for a while now. And with the current isolation I think it's a great time. I propose a craft paint challenge. I have tons of great miniature paints from various brands, but for the sake of fun lets see what we can do with craft paints. This is my proposal. Grab a random miniature, Bones or otherwise, and ideally whatever craft  paints you have on hand (no going to the store for craft paints, this is to promote social distancing) and see what you can do. This will serve two purposes. It will be a fun way to throw some paint on a miniature, and hopefully we can also show a lot of people that while specialized paints are amazing, you can also get decent results on a budget. If you aren't into miniature painting, and still want to throw some craft paints on canvas or paper or whatever then that would be great as well.

I encourage everyone who feels it to jump in on this. Also what do you think about #craftpaintchallenge for tagging. Please post results on here and other social media. Lets see how much love we can get, and how far this will go.

Official/unofficial start date of 4/11. And lets go. Cheers. 
    • By Chaoswolf
      This is an old Mage Knight figure that I slightly converted and repainted. He was holding a comically undersized flail in his left hand, so I cut it off and replaced it with a halberd from an old GW Chaos Warrior I had in my bits box. After that, it was just a matter of repainting him for use on the tabletop. He'll make an interesting BBEG in some game I haven't created yet.

Thanks for looking.

• By hotdogthebarbarian
      I have had minis for decades with no interest in painting them...until last year. This is my first mini paint job; done 09/16.

Primer: Krylon Maxx Primer grey, spray. (Smooth coverage, no obscured detail, dried very hard)
      Paint: Plaid's Folk Art craft paints. (Doesn't flow well. When thinned for flow, doesn't cover well. MANY coats of very water-thinned paint.)
      Finish: Krylon Matte Finish, spray (Dries matte and hard. Works great.)

• By Chaoswolf
      I forget exactly what this figure is called, but it's another old Mage Knight figure that I have repainted. I think it would work well as a (small) evil treant. I'd have to go through the Monster Manual, but I'm sure that there are other plant monsters this would work as, too.

Tabletop paint job as usual.

ETA---Forgot to mention, this is part of my Morihalda challenge (do art every day in December).
    • By Chaoswolf
      This is an old mage knight figure I stripped (yes, it is possible. Not easy, but possible. It's also not always worth the time and energy involved) and then repainted.
      Painted to table top.
      Let me know what you think.

Better view of the base.

Yes, it's got eyes, and they're painted!

• Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)