Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

The Craven - Red Box Games

After all the events of last week I decided that I needed a real challenge.

I have had the RBG Kickstarter pieces sitting in my "To Be Painted" box for some time,

and I said I have never painted one of Tre Manor's pieces before.  I went for The Craven

since they look like quite the challenge, and fun. 

So.. Cleaned up, washed, mounted on bases, and Primed...(I really needed to feel primer

under my brush again after the crusader Knight !!!

So here is The Craven awaiting the first touch of color...(Think Pinks are out) !!!

(ROFL).

post-12655-0-93139900-1427470498.jpg

post-12655-0-60205500-1427470499_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-23071300-1427470500_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 7

Love, love, love the Craven. They are some of my favorite Trebeard sculpts. I can't wait to see what you do with these, Jay!!

• Like 2

Those are such awesome models.  I think this will be a positive challenge for you.

The other bonus here... he'll be completely hooked on Trebeard sculpts! BWAHAHAHAHAH!  :devil:

• Like 2

I sat down with some Brown liner and used it as a wash on the figures.

Filling in the depth areas, but at the same time exploring the sculpts.

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!  These things are AWESOME !

Detail is incredible, complexity is daunting (but doable..says he after 1.5 years of using a brush).

Cloth, Metal, skuls, leather, Flesh, and bone.  These babies have EVERYTHING going on !

I tend to use the lining coat as an archeological tool, to highlight for me the artists strengths,

and visions if possible.  So I'm not perfect with this coat, its there to highlight to MY Eye what I

want to do with it.  Now I look at it for hours to see what Tre has given me to play with.

Looks like quite the play yard at this stage.

Here are some tinted photos.

(and then I slow down to paint one at a time).

post-12655-0-79309400-1427474546_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-66766400-1427474547_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-45789400-1427474548_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-32764300-1427474549_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-01723600-1427474550_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-79159500-1427474550_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

What I like about Tre's figures the most is the amount of detail he's able to achieve at such a small scale. He's a lot like your favorite Tom Meier, IMO.

• Like 2

What I like about Tre's figures the most is the amount of detail he's able to achieve at such a small scale. He's a lot like your favorite Tom Meier, IMO.

Noticed the similarity right off the bat.  Attention to detail, perfectionist, subtle touches that increast the depth of folds, and texturizing.

I am Sure that Tom is a fan of Tre's work !

Thank you oh great Enabler !

• Like 2

Noticed the similarity right off the bat.  Attention to detail, perfectionist, subtle touches that increast the depth of folds, and texturizing.

I am Sure that Tom is a fan of Tre's work !

Thank you oh great Enabler !

Haha! I'm a huge fan of Tre's work though I haven't painted up nearly enough of it myself. He just finished KS #6 and will do another KS in May or June, I'll make sure to put the bug in your ear then.  :poke:

• Like 2

This has been rather productive today.

Discovered I didn't have to do something today, so I got some extra time to paint.

I just added some flesh tones to the Figures, but also discovered that the bow on one

of the craven did not cure (re-glued and drying now).

However, its amazing how dynamic Tre carved the muscle work on these miniatures !

Here is some base fleshed Craven (shadow layer):

post-12655-0-42615600-1427486516_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-30926000-1427486517_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-01542800-1427486518_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-75181400-1427486518_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Yeah, I really like the musculature on Tre's figures. He's awesome at doing it.

These are looking Fantastic!

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 1

go for it jay....  and I am sure you can find a place to slap some pink down as well!   Consider it a challenge! :poke:  

:devil:

Edited by robinh
  • Like 2

Got the lagging Craven caught up with the other two.  Bow arm is now attached, and he is base fleshed.

Amazing how many skulls are hanging off the chain..

Wonder if Tre is a Stephen King fan...hmmmmm.

Here is the third of the gruesome threesome.

post-12655-0-03013100-1427546807_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-91811800-1427546807_thumb.jpg

• Like 5