Been meaning to work on this for a few years. Amsco brand had this cool spider with a bag of webs with armored and spiky looking legs. With a few more pointy bits, I think it will make a passable if small "Plated Spider"

post-12161-0-72777100-1427535001_thumb.jpg

Most spiders wait patiently for their prey to arrive. Most spiders aren't forty feet tall.

gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=26661&type=card

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      This is Reaper's Elise the Witch.
      SKU. 02863 ( Metal Figure)

Once she was part of a big Halloween Diorama but that didn't survive the move.
      I was able to save the minis though.

I rebased her, gave her some highlights/ repainted parts.
      She's back in action now, ready to turn you into a frog or a willing servant.

Part of my Undead/Demon/Witchhunters Project
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-night-by-glitterwolf/

• By DocPiske
      I know, I know, 2020 is scary enough, but here are some spooky miniatures.

First up, Fritz!

Scooby-dooby-doo, where are you?

I like how the blue edging came out on this one.

To be continued...

• By MoonglowMinis
      Back again with some spiders!

I tried out Rangers of Shadow Deep last night and got to break out my spider minis.  I've got a few Giant Spiders and Spider Swarms from the D&D board games Castle Ravenloft, and Legend of Drizzt respectively.

I had started these ages ago but quickly became dissatisfied with the direction they were headed.  A few months ago I picked them back up and went in a different direction.

The giant spiders in particular were letting me down.  The sculpt is pretty undefined.  It took some freehand fur work to bring it to life.  I also switched from a warm brown tone to a cool grey.  I think the added contrast makes them stand out a lot better.

I also added some used dryer sheets as webbing.  It's mostly successful.  The super glue turned it invisible in places which sort of works as holes in the web.  Definitely will revisit this idea again in future projects.

The spider swarms are less successful.  I tried to keep three distinct colorations to help them stand apart from one another.  But with such poorly defined details, they could have used more contrast.  They work well enough.  Maybe I'll revisit them, but I tend to just move on after calling something "good enough."

What do you all do for swarm minis?  I find that most of mine look rather drab or incomprehensible.
    • By CaptainPete
      Since I suggested it, I guess I'll do it...
      Here's a thread to discuss what horror movies, books, shows, comics, and etc that you're looking forward to watching during the holiday.
      I'm actually thinking about doing a Scooby-Doo movie marathon:
      Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island
      Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost
      Scooby-Doo Meets KISS: A Magical Mystery (yes, this movie exists)
      Scooby-Doo and the Curse of the 13th Ghost

What about the rest of you?

• By MoonglowMinis
      Not super sure where to post this but this made the most sense to me. I found some fantastic miniature pumpkins at my local Joann Fabrics.

Hopefully you can find them elsewhere if you don't have a Joann's.
      They come in $10 bags that are pretty big. I don't see myself ever needing to buy more. 

They say "fall drieds" which makes me think they're some kind of organic. But they have the consistency of some kind of acorn or pinecone. So pretty solid. I don't think they'd deteriorate but if you're worried I'm sure a sealant of some kind would do the trick. 

They come in a mix of sizes but they all look pretty good at 28mm scale. The cutting mat has half-inch squares.
      Most of the pumpkins are of the artistically exaggerated size compared to a mini, and the smaller ones tend to be darker and a bit more mishapen. The coloration in them is pretty decent. I think they could use a layer of highlights but if you're in a hurry or making a huge pumpkin patch, then they look just fine. 

Anyways, I hope this is useful for someone!
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)