Sign in to follow this  
dks

Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

I love these conversions.

As a big fan of Undead minis I also feel inspiration to make a cavalry unit out of Reaper models now.

Sooo thx for emptying my wallet.

Edited by Xherman1964

Very cool. Pestilence is probably my favorite, but they are all outstanding. Now I want to make undead cavalry.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WhiteWulfe
      So, just what happens when you take the desire to paint some sort of armoured vehicle or tank, and a rather fondness for gnolls?  Well, you say screw it, let's see what would happen if gnolls STOLE A TANK!  (and a LAV).

This definitely isn't going to be NATO greens, or even remotely close to JGSDF colours.  Green may be involved at some point, but not any actual real world colouration patterns...

Naturally, ignore the obvious answer of "why not?!?!" what kinds of things give a fox inspiration for this project?
      Ghost In The Shell (the original video/movie) Akira also arguably has some inspiration for this too (both the manga, as well as OAV/OVA) Shenanigans and mischief Various musicians, but Daniel Graves especially (Aesthetic Perfection). A LOT. Borderlands, specifically Borderlands 2  
      Or, in short, I'm going into this with a few ideas, but not necessarily any particular plan...

^First up, is the initial haul.  There's more in the mail (Toghra, as well as Reaver of Kargir), and they should hopefully be here in a few days.  So up for contemplating I have two 1:48 scale kits from Tamiya, the JGSDF Light Armored Vehicle (aka LAV) as well as the Type 10 Tank, also from the Japanese Ground Self Defense Force.  Miniature options include two different sets of Wizkids gnolls as well as the Pathfinder Deep Cuts, and for Reaper options we have a Krokuta, Bones Blacktongue, Bones Bloodmane 77236, as well as Bones Gnoll Warrior 77012 (to me he looks likes the Bones version of Boneflayer 14580).  So yeah, seems like an easy-ish task right, take something that's 28mm scale and pair it with a 1/48 scale model.  what could possibly go wrong? 

^Okay, didn't quite realize the words "challenge accepted" would actually mean I'd have a decent sized challenge on my hands.  Looks like my initial ideas are moderately out the window, or, uh.... Stuck in said window.  Original idea was for dual knives/stabby blades gnoll to be the LAV's driver, with Blacktongue poking out of the gunner's hatch...  And for the tank, Toghra to be poking out of the commander's hatch directing things....  And then Krokuta and others hanging out in the back or off of the back of either vehicle...  I... Uhh... Might be rethinking a few things.

Alternate caption for tank: Here's JOHNNY!  Seriously, I've never watched the shining, but that's definitely the first thing I saw with Toghra's expression at that picture's angle...

...I probably should have thought about the fact that these vehicles are designed for a nation who's average height is 5'2" (yay Google!) and also according to Google (and the Forgotten Realms Wikia) gnolls are 7' - 7'6".  Hmmm.  Okay, so it's going to be cozy.

Let's start with the LAV, as for some reason that one keeps really snagging my attention, as well as ideas and inspiration...

^Wait a moment, the Pathfinder Deep Cuts ones are noticeably shorter...  Well now.  He'll fit, more or less, and with some work I could probably get dual stabby guy poking out of the roof....

^Two-ish hours of arduous assembly later (it's my first time doing up a model kit AND my first time using plastic glue, and there's six bajillion parts for some reason), and we're looking at this.  Dashboard isn't attached, and the bases have been trimmed off of the two gnolls in question in order to better fit them.  This is my basic premise... And where I left off last night.

^So first off, a basic test fit of the larger, stabbier gnoll.  He barely fits... Good.  Things will get tighter once the hatches go in, but I'll worry about that when that particular time comes...

^A while with some tools, and we're now here.  Ignore the crooked dashboard, that happens when it's just sitting in place...

^Currently how things are looking in order for me to mostly fit the driver in.  As eagle eyes might notice, I'm going to have to redo the legs, or more appropriately, the LOOK of legs.  Since they tuck down into an area where they won't be seen, I went for the cruder approach.  Sure, it isn't as pretty, but I did specifically purchase these minis with the impression that there might be some cutting involved...  Odds are though he won't be keeping the axe (that formerly was a polearm or halberd?).

So that's where things are at the moment...

I've also been thinking about how to explain the smaller sized gnoll, and how he's part of the raiding party, since they're known for being more of a cruel society, especially to outsiders.  Well, in short?  I've come up with the basic premise that the smaller ones not only survive through perseverance, but also since they're smaller, they're able to get into tighter nooks and crannies, and therefore picked up skills that would make them not only useful to raiding parties, but also considered an essential, even valued partner.  That's right, they taught themselves... to HOTWIRE VEHICLES.  Sure, there are many ways of building vehicles, but it's nowhere near as much fun as just outright stealing them from someone else, and then using such for their raids, and cause a great deal of mischief and mayhem, potentially being able to raid even more through the initial confusion...
    • By Chris Palmer
      Back when the Bones 4 Kickstarter was running, when the Giant Rhinoceros Beetle was revealed in the Fan Favorites set, someone posted this photo of a Frog riding a Beetle to the Enthusiasm Thread, and I knew it was a conversion I would eventually want to try.  I have an extensive Frog Army, and I wanted such a figure to be a Leader or Hero for my forces. 

I had the pieces I needed at hand; the Bones Black "Giant Rhinoceros Beetle", and my rider - for which i  had decided to use the Bones "Mudcroak" Squog figure.

As I looked at Mudcroak, I knew I would have to separate him from his base, but I knew there was no way I could remove all those little toes from the base without damaging them.  So, right off the bat I made the decision to just remove his feet along with the base, with the plan that I would then resculpted them with greenstuff directly onto the beetle's back once I had the frog glued in place.

Here's a test fit, with the frog held in place with blue-tac.

That's all for right now.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here are pictures of 77105, Kagunk "Voorhees" the Ogre Chieftain sculpted by Tre Manor. This is the Bones version of the model.
      I added the axe blade on its spiked club, mounted it on a 2 inches square base and painted it with Reaper MSP paint.

• By MoonglowMinis
      Another day another devil.

Several months ago I was searching for a suitable mini for a chain devil.  I was in need of a few of them to represent hellish prison guards.  Unfortunately, there's not a lot of options that I liked.  Most of the official pre-painted chain devils look like awkward Michelin Men.  So I went looking for a suitable substitute.

I settled on the Pelegarth Brutes from CMON's Wrath of Kings.  A few modifications later and...

Three frightening and unrelenting guards of hell.

More Photos Below the Spoiler:

I really liked working on these guys.  It was a lot of fun reinterpreting an existing monster and finding a way to make it unique.  They're definitely a favorite of mine.  Plus I love that the chains actually dangle and swing when moving the minis around.

Check out the rest of my Infernal Army HERE.

How have you reinterpreted a mini in your own projects?
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of a special NPC I painted last night. Originally an Aquatic Elf, I converted her to make her a Drow abjurator accompanied by her black fox.
      I slightly converted 03631, Quoralei from the original model sculpted by Derek Schubert for the Dark Heaven Legends line. I replaced the sea shell she was holding by a spellbook and added a wand in her left hand.
      The 60048, Fox familiar was sculpted by Julie Guthrie, it's originally the familiar of Feiya the Iconic Witch from the Pathfinder line.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)