Bones is fantastic. As an inexpensive material, it allows people to bulk up their collections nicely.

Not all aspects of Bones work equally well.

Any chance Reaper will start a bits line of hard plastics?

Hard plastic would be able to retain greater detail and the weight should prevent any potential issues that converting Bones with metal weapons might impose.

Let me strive for clarity.

I do not mean that the weapons on current Bones figures would be made of hard plastic. Keep the Bones as is.

Rather, as there are several companies that already specialize in bits, in specialized weapons, in unique armors, in variants of standard equipment, Reaper could also expand into this area. Currently there are numerous weapon packs, but they are made of metal. These metal parts include the Warlord and Dark Haven line. Having hard plastics? Allows a lot of potential expansion.

It doesn't have to be just weapons. It could be skulls, backpacks, boots, books, and other esoteric bits that might normally be carried over by the other packs now.

• Like 4
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As we grow more comfortable in the plastics market - that is, as we learn better how to use the machine we already have, and the many molds we use for it, the likelihood of us expanding our options to include some harder styrene figures (similar to GW plastic or others) or figure parts increases.

We have spent a lot of time in high-level planning meeting discussing a lot of options for this machine, and future machines to be added to our capabilities, and certainly such a thing is was not ruled out as a potential product.

Wow! That's the least "neither confirm nor deny" answer I've ever seen Bryan give on a purely speculative post about future Reaper products.

Agreed. I've never seen him post that open before about what Reaper's future holds or might hold. Very cool.

• Like 3

Clearly you've caught me on an off day. My allergies are acting up and my judgment is clouded.

What I meant to say was that we discourage such speculation on the part of non-Reaper-employed entities, whether local, state, or federal, and heretofore summarily dismiss any and all allegations as baseless and speculative.  Objection!

Clearly you've caught me on an off day. My allergies are acting up and my judgment is clouded.

What I meant to say was that we discourage such speculation on the part of non-Reaper-employed entities, whether local, state, or federal, and heretofore summarily dismiss any and all allegations as baseless and speculative.  Objection!

Too late, I've already taken a screenshot of your first answer. It is now on the CLOUD and shall live forever. BWAHAHAHAHAHHAH!

• Like 5

Wow! That's the least "neither confirm nor deny" answer I've ever seen Bryan give on a purely speculative post about future Reaper products.

Agreed. I've never seen him post that open before about what Reaper's future holds or might hold. Very cool.

All I heard was "We have a new toy and we play with it."

• Like 9

What I meant to say was that we discourage such speculation on the part of whether local, state, or federal, and heretofore summarily dismiss any and all allegations as baseless and speculative.  Objection!

Hmm...

So speculation by international non-Reaper-employed entities is encouraged then?

:devil:

• Like 5