Sign in to follow this  
Evilhalfling

Resolutionary Challenge March : Animal Companions

March was hard - I moved, Elderspawn had spring break and my mother-in-law stayed for 10 days.  Most of what painting time I could scratch out was put into spring exchange minis.  One green, and one unfinished, but I can't post pics yet.  So I had to figure out what I could finish in the last three days of the month.  I figured it was animals or troops.  Bones 2 was short of troops so.....

The Wolf, The Bear, and the Wolverine 

I also did a male lion, but missed the cat that was actually part of this set.  The bird I skipped on purpose.  

post-12081-0-67253000-1427832181_thumb.jpgpost-12081-0-54229900-1427832182_thumb.jpgpost-12081-0-02222600-1427832189_thumb.jpg

Edit: added the Cat 

post-12081-0-68602900-1429923503_thumb.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 21

I know !  the wolf looks like it was painted by another painter. A much better painter.  Ill see If I can clean up the wolverine some, and get a better picture.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      The last few weeks have been very busy with very little time or inspiration to paint, as the general lack of posts lately will bear full witness to.

As you might imagine, I was going for green magical flames.  I struggled with this, and it did not turn out as I had envisioned it.
      This one I count as a bit of a failure, and I am not at all satisfied with how it turned out. Maybe I will repaint the whole thing at some point but for now I am rather sick of it.
      At leaast it does look much better IRL on the table than when magnified in photos. Somthing which is a small comfort. The white for "teeth" does not work at all in the pictures and I might just redo that part and leave the rest alone. Or not. The wierd thing is that the white "teeth" are not that bad IRL. But once seen, it cannot be unseen...

What is this sorcery?! 
      Gah! Even the captions are uninspired. I should probably just go to bed.

77352 Demi Lich
      Bones 2 Core set, 2013, from the Expansion set #1
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      30mm base.
      available from reapermini.com
    • By Standifer
      This my orc warlord on a warg. It is a Nolzurs deep cuts orc on dire wolf miniature. 
      I did most of the painting in one day, I do need to touch up the base and redo the finish on the flag, but otherwise he is done.
      I was aiming for a Hound of the Baskervilles look for the Warg. 

Now he just needs an actual name besides Orc Warlord....
      Thanks for looking!

• By fanguad
      It's been a while since I've painted a Reaper miniature, so I thought I would post my latest creation here.

I had a lot of fun painting this mini - blue is one of my favorite colors to blend with, and I enjoy painting fun hair, like her braid in the back.  TMM was used on the metal.
    • By Maledrakh
      44082 Cave Bear (#624)

The cave bear lived from the Pleistocene era (That's the Ice Ages to us normal folks) which lasted from 2.580.000 years ago to about 11.700 years ago. However, it seems to have gone extinct about 24.000 years ago. Which certainly is contemporary with modern humans.
      Them cave bears must have been delicious. And the shaggy furs kept us warm in those cold, cold caves.

60x35mm base. Sculpted by Jason Wiebe.

Great Beasts indeed!

From the Lost Valley expansion
      Bones 4 kickstarter, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Made in Bones Black PVC
      available from reapermini.com

These models were completed the 2nd of May.
    • By ced1106
      Stupid ancient pre-SD card camera flash is above and BEHIND the lens, so keeps casting shadows. But I'm posting this anyway. So there. :P

Anyway, TF also has its "Harvest of War" KS of corpse miniatures (no bears or gipsies), so I figure I'd catch up on some TF pics I should be taking...!

• Who's Online   18 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)