Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

Skeletal archers (bones-77018), Grenadier, and Mage Knight finished

I finished up my unit of skeletal archers. They won't win any awards, but they'll look just fine on the table top, I think. Basing was small bits of scrap glued to the base, with Liquitex modeling paste applied over it; I think this did a pretty effective job of hiding the integral bases on the Grenadier figs. I tried a different method of doing skeletons with this unit; I went over them with Army Painter strong tone. I'm not entirely certain it was a success; what do you think?

Bones skellies:

post-12095-0-17313400-1427851723_thumb.jpg

Grenadier command group:

post-12095-0-51569800-1427851734_thumb.jpg

Mage knight:

post-12095-0-52075400-1427851710_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-08837700-1427851746_thumb.jpg

All together:

post-12095-0-25702800-1427851758_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C always welcome.

• Like 13

the strong tone darkens them up and makes it look like old or ancient bone so I would say it works.  Who wants a skeletal army fresh from dying.. they need experience first!  :devil:

• Like 2

Depends on the look you're going for. With white I usually do soft tone. They're great for tabletop. I did a lot of skeletons myself that way when Mega-Mini was selling some on the inexpensive side (true 25mm though)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dilvish the Deliverer
      Looks like it has rolled back around to me.

The roolz:

The obligatory rules posting:

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.
      1.5. If I fail to post a question, Inara will post a question of her own choice.
      2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
      2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
      3. Questions are going to be posted between 6AM and 8AM EST
      3.5 (Rule 3 may be the 2nd most broken rule.)
      4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me. 
      5. You do not have to answer every question to play...
      6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why are always fun).
      7. Weekend questions may take the form of two or three day challenges, often starting on Fridays.
    • By NomadZeke
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72577-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2017-chatterquestions/
      All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

March and April 2017

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      Given that (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) spring starts in this time frame - Modify (if necesseary) and Paint a figure (doesn't matter what) in a jumping/springing pose

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      April 22nd is National Jelly bean day. Paint a mini in tribute to your favorite flavor jellybean (bonus* points if you choose tutti fruttti)
      *The game is made up and the points don't matter.

Hard Mode Challenge!
      "Disrupted" Light source (from any direction but above.) Paint any mini you choose in any scheme you choose, but the lighting must come from the sides or below, as if it was filtering through some other opaque object to disrupt the lighting. Ex: The character is standing close to a chainlink fence, so it casts a 'shadow grid' on them, or perhaps through an old window with thick beams so the there's a large + shaped shadow being cast on them.  Again please refer questions to the main thread.

Not like there's ANY chance for something on April 1st...
    • By knarthex
      Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:25 PM
      We have reached a consensus for the March Mini...
      (sort off)

Going with Chaos wolf's theme of building a warband is the following:

Goblin Leader & Shaman
      Ben Siens

In Metal

In Bones

This would give us an apprentice spell caster for March, and a Barbarian / warrior / knight for April....

Price is pretty nice in metal, but I realize some folks may already have the bones version.....

I will be placing my order on Friday when the Trista mini comes out in metal

Need the new Domor mini as well....
    • By NomadZeke
      So...because I'm so great at being timely, and this has been on my artist page for some time before getting it here: My RPchallenge Bonus: Fools Guild...Mercenary Group "The Eye." While technically masking electronic signature is more important than physical appearance with such powerful electronics...some ideas are still just bad.

Like painting yellow

Seriously I don't know how yall paint yellow without going mad.
    • By NomadZeke
      There's really not much to say here: so, one of my favorite little standby pieces to paint: Furniture.

Decent Tabletop I guess.
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)