Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Another one bites the dust….😆
One of my favorite sculpt…but in the old Bones plastic. I put a little extra into the base, otherwise it was a pretty straight forward zen of Bones quick paint job. Overall I like the scheme and it has given me ideas for when I paint my metal version. Not sure about the green face and the blue glow under the rib cage is too subtle.
And as an aside …..the quality of Testors Dullcoat is not nearly as good as it was a decade ago. The newer formulation continues to give me a semi gloss finish. Oh well.
Hello everyone, I'm currently working on an Ogre gang and completed the painting on this model last night. This is a 77455, Ogre Smasher sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I swapped the top of its club with that of the 77454, Ogre Clubber. I also added three more skulls at his waist belt. it was all painted with Reaper MSP paint. I will complete the base later since I may add more elements to it.
Took a shot at the ol OSL.
This model is from my youth that I'd always been afraid to paint because i didn't want to mess it up. Years later, now I feel like my skills are better and it was worth a shot. Not only did I take a shot, I did it with a real challenge applied to it. I was either going to mess it up - or REALLY mess it up.
* Using the colors red and purple seem very wizardly. Felt like a strong combo and happy with it.
* The OSL I did was using a dry brush and sweeping it from the main source and only moving in that direction.
* After the initial area had been 'zoned' I went in and brought up the colors further. I had a difficult time identifying what would be lit or not.
* The highlight on the face is way too much. I wanted a light cast to it, but Iwasn't thinking like sitting in front of the sun. Help.
* What colors to use for bringing up a light source? I was thinking some kind of fire getting cast away. I went Orange, Yellow, White, but only hitting white up close and fading to deeper colors farther from the source.
* The shading in the cape and undercape - I didn't do anything but feel it does need something. Does it look strange without it?
If I were to base this one, I'm wondering how I can really knock this light effect out on the base, too. I may end up just leaving this as is and thinking fondly of it as a first attempt at OSL. I also think having taken a challenge piece from my childhood and honoring it with something fun to do in my adulthood felt...redeeming.
By Lidless Eye
Just a random assortment of the first painted from Bones V. I sort of cheated...my Kickstarter arrived yesterday but I borrowed these in advance from a friend who got theirs earlier.
The Three-Headed Troll:
The Zombie Giant:
The Cloud Giant:
The Battleguard Golems:
Who's Online 16 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)