Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hello everyone, I'm currently working on an Ogre gang and completed the painting on this model last night. This is a 77455, Ogre Smasher sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I swapped the top of its club with that of the 77454, Ogre Clubber. I also added three more skulls at his waist belt. it was all painted with Reaper MSP paint. I will complete the base later since I may add more elements to it.
Took a shot at the ol OSL.
This model is from my youth that I'd always been afraid to paint because i didn't want to mess it up. Years later, now I feel like my skills are better and it was worth a shot. Not only did I take a shot, I did it with a real challenge applied to it. I was either going to mess it up - or REALLY mess it up.
* Using the colors red and purple seem very wizardly. Felt like a strong combo and happy with it.
* The OSL I did was using a dry brush and sweeping it from the main source and only moving in that direction.
* After the initial area had been 'zoned' I went in and brought up the colors further. I had a difficult time identifying what would be lit or not.
* The highlight on the face is way too much. I wanted a light cast to it, but Iwasn't thinking like sitting in front of the sun. Help.
* What colors to use for bringing up a light source? I was thinking some kind of fire getting cast away. I went Orange, Yellow, White, but only hitting white up close and fading to deeper colors farther from the source.
* The shading in the cape and undercape - I didn't do anything but feel it does need something. Does it look strange without it?
If I were to base this one, I'm wondering how I can really knock this light effect out on the base, too. I may end up just leaving this as is and thinking fondly of it as a first attempt at OSL. I also think having taken a challenge piece from my childhood and honoring it with something fun to do in my adulthood felt...redeeming.
By Lidless Eye
Just a random assortment of the first painted from Bones V. I sort of cheated...my Kickstarter arrived yesterday but I borrowed these in advance from a friend who got theirs earlier.
The Three-Headed Troll:
The Zombie Giant:
The Cloud Giant:
The Battleguard Golems:
So, youngest vixen's boyfriend mentioned my hobby when hanging with his friends.
They like to play board games etc,.
One of his friends asked if I would paint the minis for his Board Game - Dark Souls for him.
He will let me know what he'd like for the bigger monsters.
As for the characters and minions, he let me decide ( oh boy, shall I paint a rainbow skeleton?)
Anyway, here it goes.
Who's Online 10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)