GNL Mats by GameNightLife

2 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Have you used Tact-Tiles before? I'm interested in seeing how the GNL tiles compare to Tact-Tiles, which is what I currently use.

I have not.

I am actually kind of kicking myself for not going with a different color. I have quite a bit of Dwarven Forge, so a map like this would typically be built with that. Blue for water or green for grass would have filled a void.

• Like 1
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, this is Jerry, from GameNightLife.  Mr. Baphomet69 has pointed me here. :)  Hiya!   We are, like he mentioned, adding international options for shipping every time someone messages us about it

Tempted to get this for the hubs. Someone drew a type of organ on his mat (not me) in permanent marker since someone else said all markers came off the mat.   Sometimes beer and D&D aren't the be

Used some tiles during today's session.  

Posted Images

I have noticed some ghosting when using wet erase markers on some of the tiles, but only some of the tiles others are fine.  I haven't yet tried running them under water or using a stronger cleaner to remove the residue.  But then Dry erase markers have worked fine on those same tiles.  So there are some consistency issues with the tiles, but that would be more an issue with the factory.  Over all I really like them so far and they make running battles a lot easier, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So I just cleaned my tiles after they sat with dry and wet erase marker on them for about 3 weeks.. 

Special note: even after 3 weeks, a cat's butt can still wipe out a dry erase map.. 

Dry Erase continued to come off clean.. wet erase ran off under running water but left ghosting.. light application of 70% isopropyl alcohol removed all traces of residue and ghosting easily.  I have 91% as a back up but it wasn't needed.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, ladystorm said:

Anyone not received theirs, or can thread be closed?

They have not yet begun to produce any of the 28 flavors of tile I ordered. Pretty sure I'm last on their queue.

Edited by etherial
  • Like 2

Not received mine yet.  And they are only sending the square on square parchment mats anyhow.  They have yet to product the other colors, hex, or larger square mats.  So this one will be going on for a long while.

• Like 1
On 4/9/2018 at 5:13 PM, etherial said:

They have not yet begun to produce any of the 28 flavors of tile I ordered. Pretty sure I'm last on their queue.

Suspicion essentially confirmed. The current planned production order is:

0. 1" Square on Parchment (Shipping)

1. Multigrid in Parchment

2. Other colors of 8x8 squares

3. Hex-on-Square in Parchment

4. Other Hex-on-Square

5. Hex-on-hex in Parchment

6. Hex-on-hex in other colors.

40% of my order is in Item 6. I might splurge to split my shipping and get half my order when Item 2 Ships.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Baphomet69 said:

What a Charlie Foxtrot this campaign turned out to be...

looks like I’m one of the last as well.

Yes, this campaign has been quite the SNAFU. Still, they're doing everything in their power to fulfill pledges. I believe you can still demand a refund if you'd prefer.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/to-the-mummys-tomb-a-halfling-expedition/description

Story
      After the estate of one Fomo Barrowblight (who many moons ago, and with heavily laden bags, had said he was just off for a morning walk, never to return) was sold at auction, there came to light a strange scroll that appeared to be a map of the final resting place of a lost tribe of halflings.  These cousins lived down in the scorching Southlands, amidst endless dunes that had buried whole cities and civilisations.
      The newly elected (and so still very enthusiastic) Halfling Town Council had organised an expedition to make contact with their fellow halflings, with the aim of swapping some stories and recipes, and who knows, perhaps even coming back with some interesting new cakes.
      And, after many great perils and travails, the expedition found itself in a mysterious location known as 'The Valley of the Things'.  Here, recipes in strange hieroglyphs were marked on tomb walls,  guarded jealously by High Priests and long mummified pastry chefs.  
      The expedition takes time to assuage the fears of the High Priests that they are here to steal the sacred recipes and make formal diplomatic relations.  But Fomo Barrowblight and another mysterious figure seem intent on stealing the recipe to the sacred pie and have already gleaned some of the ingredients...
      To the Mummy's Tomb!
      Introducing a series of  Eight Fantasy Miniatures in 28mm scale from a halfling expedition to the burial grounds of their cousins, in the desert southlands. 
        Halfling Town Council Five
      The latest elected Halfling Town Council, has been responsible for launching the expedition to the distant Southlands, as always, it is made up of eight different townsfolk from all walks of life.

I've already pledged for the whole set, why haven't you?

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bigchildcreatives/echoes-of-camelot-arthurian-legends

Story
      Echoes of Camelot: Arthurian Legends is a project that will expand our 75mm resin miniature range with new and exciting models based on the Matter of Britan, particularly around the figure of King Arthur and his Knights. We have many cool surprises prepared should you help us bring this dream to life.
      These miniatures have been sculpted and painted here at the Big Child Creatives studio with the collaboration of some of the most talented miniature artists out there. And what is more, they will be manufactured by our own talented team of resin casting experts. This allows us to monitor the process closely to ensure the best quality in the market and a timely delivery.
      We have learned a lot from our previous campaigns, and we want to put all this experience to good use, repeating everything we did right, improving upon it, and correcting our past mistakes. We invite you to join us in this journey of discovery throughout the Matter of Britain and its amazing cast of unique characters.
      This campaign is a journey of discovery, full of surprises such as custom bits to make your miniatures even more striking than they already are. Some of these kits will be Kickstarter exclusive, so those of you who choose to support us will be able to proudly show it through unique miniatures, even more full of life and character than our regular releases.

Painted by Ruben Martinez "RMA" Painted by Marc Masclans Painted by Arnau Lazaro
    • By GamerPrincess
      OMG!  Jason Weibe helped create the new Dwarven line being released on Kickstarter by Tomb Guardians!  These minis look so cool and they are cheap!  I haven't seen anyone post about this yet but here is the link.  It starts tomorrow morning.  They also said Bobby Jackson and Gene Van Horne created there monsters in the set.  Cant wait.   I purchased there Amazons and they were fantastic!  I posted some pics.  Im assuming the Fire Demon and add ons are in Resin.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tombguardians/28mm-fantasy-dwarven-miniature-collection-ii/edit/preview

Gamerprincess

• By Gadgetman!
      A huge 2 for 1 KS!  
      (You get BOTH Humans and Halflings in one project! )
      Bloody Peasants! by Midlam Miniatures — Kickstarter

Story
      "Oh no!  It's an armed agrarian uprising!"
      Toiling in the fields for their feudal overlords, the peasants are equally quick to turn their tools to defending their lands from monstrous invaders or, when pressed to the limit, revolting and overturning cruel and greedy landowners.
      Bloody Peasants!
      A selection of human and halfling farmers in 28mm scale miniatures for all of your fantasy games.
      You can choose from humans, halflings or both!
      The Humans
      A familiar sight in the villages surrounding Midlam.
      The Halflings
      A smaller folk, doing the same jobs as the longshanks.

It's a Midlam project, so you know what that means;
      Maybe a stretch goal, very possibly an early fulfillment, and absolutely no nonsense. 

• By ced1106
      I'm backing this because the kobolds look more like Scottish terriers! 

$100 level has 40+ miniatures and FREE USA shipping!

RBJ Game Company has created 18 KS projects, mostly miniatures. Let me know your experience with them if you backed before.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1620164718/yippers-and-squealers/description

• Who's Online   13 Members, 2 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)