GNL Mats by GameNightLife

SamuraiJack

8 minutes ago, etherial said:

Yes, this campaign has been quite the SNAFU. Still, they're doing everything in their power to fulfill pledges. I believe you can still demand a refund if you'd prefer.

No, they've never offered refunds and have refused those who have asked in the KS comment.

• Sad 1

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, cmorse said:

No, they've never offered refunds and have refused those who have asked in the KS comment.

cmorse is correct. I tried several times. Because they haven’t officially “failed”, and are technically “delivering product”, I’m still on the hook for $450.

Not.Happy.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Wow, how many tiles are you getting for that much?

I don’t even remember. I think it was probably a full 4’ x 8’ table of blue hex for water, same in green for land (both including hex edge tiles), and maybe the same in square parchment for dungeons. I don’t even want to go to their site to verify at this point.

I was such a fan when this project started that I’m the one that suggested to them to do the “Colorform” style decals (apparently another fail). Now I wish I’d never come across the project...

Edited by Baphomet69
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, Baphomet69 said:

I don’t even remember. I think it was probably a full 4’ x 8’ table of blue hex for water, same in green for land (both including hex edge tiles), and maybe the same in square parchment for dungeons. I don’t even want to go to their site to verify at this point.

I was such a fan when this project started that I’m the one that suggested to them to do the “Colorform” style decals (apparently another fail). Now I wish I’d never come across the project...

Hopefully, they get you your stuff. My measly 11 parchment tiles are great! I wish that I had the option to buy a few blue and green.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Ironically, if you had ordered the blue and green, you wouldn't currently have your parchment tiles to know if they were any good.

True.

I wasn't 100% sold at the time of purchase, so I went for a small order. I hope things work out.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Talae said:

True.

I wasn't 100% sold at the time of purchase, so I went for a small order. I hope things work out.

In hindsight I think you went the right way about it. If they do get their act together you can order some more at that point.

Despite the train wreck of a campaign, I'm considering ordering some after they've delivered on the Kickstarter, just to see what they are like compared to my Tact-Tiles..

• Like 1

• Members

I'm really happy with the 30 I got.  This campaign could have been much worse.  If they had not used an escrow company, the first factory they used would have been the end of the campaign because all the money would have gone out..  communication could have been better, but at least they have worked for a quality product.

• Like 3

I just got an email offering a refund because they've discovered that shipping to Canada would be more than my pledge.

I got the minimum order I could for international and I will be glad to get out.

Edit for confusion emoji

I was offered to pay the extra amount for shipping, or just get credit in the amount of what I had paid including shipping. Neither of those sounds appealing. Knowing the truth about shipping I would just have not bothered and gotten something else 2 years ago at retail. I had options. Not worth it now.

Definitely not paying more for something at this point.

Glad to be offered a refund instead of just reduced amount or being required to pay more.

Will update when I've actually received it. We'll see how long it takes.

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well, I got my refund. In all it took about a week from my request. I think that's reasonable.

They must have been given some terrible information at the start, because adding 50$ now just for added shipping (above what I paid when I locked down) is ridiculous. That seems way more than 2 years change in rates. It sucks for them to be in that position, if they ever get shipping sorted I'd consider stuff in future. I just think that considering free trade doesn't really mean  much for small business, it's unlikely. I'm just annoyed that I had money tied up in this when I could have been using other tiles for a few years already.

• Like 1