Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
After 10 months, I finally dusted this off and finished it in an attempt to find some hobby mojo again. Dragon is from Artisan Guild and was printed on the elegoo Mars almost a year ago.
Basecoated, drybrushed tan and then multiple washes layered before another quick drybrush and a final wash. It was printed in clear green resin and the eyes and crystals on the rock were simply given a layer of Tamiya Clear Green after the mask was removed. Crystals on the base are from Anarchy Models, again with a quick layer of Tamiya Clear green. Reaper base with some Vallejo texture paste.
Thanks for looking.
Due to Brain Weasels and other Real Life Issues, I haven't been doing much, really almost no, fantasy painting...
One of the things I have been doing is looking at old WIPs, and suddenly the desire to paint a DRAGON, came over me....
So here is the start of my new work on Cinder, #10014, in METAL...
Hopefully, I can keep up the sudden burst of enthusiasm....
So planning on mold line hunting, and trying to decide what color to paint this dragon...
As I am old school, the webbing between the back spines is leading me to green, but need to check the books to see which way to go....
About time you returned from the place I couldn't reach you minion......
OMG, please not again....
any and all comments gratefully ignored....
2nd mini painted this weekend for Paint Club. I admit this one posed some interesting challenges that I'm not super thrilled about. Most of that is related to the lack of details to really draw out, but it also highlights my lack of ability to know how to help highlight that muddled scuplt.
* Majority of Blink being armor made the choice for colors fairly easy. I once again used the combo of the Gunmetal and Aluminum as the pairing. I like it!
* The purple and red seem to be an okay choice for the only real two tones in this model, but I'd like a bit more color. Still a win.
* I really went back around 4 times to fix the skin. I found that there were some mold lines I didn't quite scrape off that frustrated me, but even so the colors seem okay. Reaper send me a SAMPLE color that's like THE COLOR of flesh that works in a pinkish hue that I love. LOVE.
* The checkering I added to the helm seems to be a fun detail and helps bring out some of the helmet forward.
* I used black ink to do black-lining which helped show separation between all of the plates. Win!
* Eyes came out great. I wanted to go back and add that little sparkle in the corner of the eye, but I think we all know that one-step-too-far we all can take when it's good enough and then it gets screwed up. Holding back was the way to go.
* Trying a lot harder to work the hair with highlights. Did a brown base, lined with brown liner between the strands, then highlighted with brown sand. Works? I think so.
* The dark lining I end up with around the eyes needs to be drawn back further. I can't seem to get around that. It was really present around my Lysette work and shows up strong in this one, too. Wah wah.
* I tried using brown liner to bring out the detail in the plates. Wasn't strong enough and too runny in its medium, so I had to swap to black ink.
* Not sure I'm a fan of the shield mix of tones with Gunmetal and Aluminium. I think I need input there from y'all.
* The horsehair helmet with purple and red...may have been a bit much. Color recommendations?
* I liked using a pinkish color for that vial hanging on her belt, but is it too bright?
Overall, this little model was not the easiest due to the carve of the model. I do think that this was a great test to see how I could add to it, but still so much to learn on improving things like this with more free hand.
Well 2020 is over and even though the year wasn't so great I did get my dragon goal of 12 dragons completed (actually completed 15 !) So with the new year I'm looking to try it again.
The last year I did a bunch of dragons from all eras a d makes. This year I think I will make the challenge a little more specific. This year I'll try for 12 dragons from defunct companies: grenadier, Ral Partha, Thunderbolt Mountain, heritage, and others that are no longer producing today. Whether i include minis from companies that died recently, im not sure (and I know Ral Partha lives on as Iron Wind and Grenadier lives on as Merltion? But I'm including them because its my challenge and the ones I have are the originals.
That said the first piece I did was the Bridge of Sorrows. It came out really well so I let my better half look through my old boxed sets and she chose the next one: Clutch of Fear!
This is another mini that I have had sitting in its box waiting for decades to be completed and its time has come (besides if I really mess up they have started recasting the molds again so its not an utter disaster. Also, since i have this one in the original box, I thought i would do a WIP to show how it goes.
Here is what it look like when I opened the box...
All the parts are there, including the instructions (more on those in the future) and an "inspected by 3" as well as assembly instructions.
Hope you all enjoy the ride. I'll try to be diligent with updates.
Who's Online 27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)
- Disciple of Sakura
- Green Eyed Monster
- [email protected]
- Cranky Dog