Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

One more RPG group adventure...

After many many years of being a (GM/DM) for RPG adventure groups (with some great groups and wonderful memories)...I retired as an active (DM) last November, thinking that it was time for younger brains and blood to tell the stories and weave the fantasies for avid fantasy players!

Since my retirement...I have been besieged by former past players and the new friends they have made...to come out of retirement and conduct at least one more RPG adventure story and fantasy game!

Well...I am back in the fold!...After our apartment move is completed and things are back to normal...I have agreed to the wishes of the players and will conduct another RPG adventure game. The game/story will be a horrific adventure that not many of the group may survive! They will leave the standard/common foes and enemies behind and face epic foes like giant monoliths (that use laser beam attacks) and giant stone guardians that can vanquish dragons with their lethal blades/swords in just a couple of attacks!

To my great surprise...the group was not turned off by the above dire facts...in fact, they seemed to gain great enthusiasm with/at the idea of the great challenges that they will face and encounter...each player thinking that the others may/will die, but that they will survive!

The game will be titled " The Tears & Sorrows of Oblivion "...It will be a campaign game with around (24 game sittings)...playing twice a month!

The group is an " adults only " group (as were most of my RPG games of the past)...there will be (10) already accepted/established players who will be playing the following fantasy characters;

1.  Valina Trax (female)...(Daedra Assassin in human form)...

2.  Nina Darkness (female)...(Imperial Thief/Courtesan)...

3.  Jar Corbin (male)...(Imperial Duelist/Bounty Killer)...

4.  Sister Sinn (female)...(Imperial Battle Nun/Healer)...

5.  Jean Fable (male)...(Imperial Elf Ranger/Pathfinder)...

6.  Max Von Dane (male)...(Imperial Necromancer & Skeleton friend " Blade ")...

7.  Shadow Veil (female)...(Altmer Wardancer)...

8.  Enigma Dreamer (female)...(Imperial Summoner/Spell Binder)...

9.  Lido Von Wolf (male)...(Imperial Knight Templar)...

10.  Volgar (male)...(Nordic Venerable Dwarf Lord)...

The gaming figures are done to table top game play quality and are sealed with (3) coats of hard gloss coat (for heavy game play usage)!

The figures will be posted in the Show Off thread for your viewing!

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 9

Sounds awesome, Paul! That's a huge group of characters/players, I know I certainly couldn't play with that many people at my table, but I'm looking forward to see how you paint up these figures. I'd also really love to hear more of the adventure as your players go through it, maybe (if you are up to it) doing a thread for the game in the "Sandbox" subforum. It just sounds like such a great campaign!

• Like 1

...Since my retirement...I have been besieged by former past players and the new friends they have made...to come out of retirement and conduct at least one more RPG adventure story and fantasy game!

Well...I am back in the fold!

Yeah, that's how they get you, all right. Ten years later, you find yourself juggling six campaigns in four different genres, managing fifteen people over three groups, and muttering, "What happened? What happened?"

:devil:

• Like 6

Sounds awesome, Paul! That's a huge group of characters/players, I know I certainly couldn't play with that many people at my table, but I'm looking forward to see how you paint up these figures. I'd also really love to hear more of the adventure as your players go through it, maybe (if you are up to it) doing a thread for the game in the "Sandbox" subforum. It just sounds like such a great campaign!

Yes, it is a large group (not the largest...once had a group of 12)...but it is (2) characters above the standard group that I like to run (which is 8)...but it is balanced with (5) females & (5) males!

Let me show my ignorance here...What is the " Sandbox " subforum?...It is something that I am not familiar with!

Paul

• Like 1

Yes, it is a large group (not the largest...once had a group of 12)...but it is (2) characters above the standard group that I like to run (which is 8)...but it is balanced with (5) females & (5) males!

Let me show my ignorance here...What is the " Sandbox " subforum?...It is something that I am not familiar with!

Paul

Very large group, but it sounds really cool.

Sandbox - it's normally used for "play by post" (PbP) games where people play games by posting on the forum together, quite interesting if you read through there, but you can post stuff up in there related to home games if you want to document what you and your group have done like telling the story as it unfolds. 

• Like 1

What rules system are you using?

I use a combination system that is based upon (Epic Fantasy Battle Tactics and The Arcanum)...I write my own fantasy stories and plots and base the adventures on a random generic map that I create!

• Like 2

Paul

Very large group, but it sounds really cool.

Sandbox - it's normally used for "play by post" (PbP) games where people play games by posting on the forum together, quite interesting if you read through there, but you can post stuff up in there related to home games if you want to document what you and your group have done like telling the story as it unfolds. 

I am just very slow on the uptake and/or understanding! :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

I have looked/searched all over many threads and I have not been able to locate/find any area that is called the (Sandbox)! :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

Where and how do I find it???

The link is the sandbox sub forum, you can post up in "fiction, poetry" over there. :)

Eta: it could be a running story for you if you wanted

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 1