Very nice!  Do the pieces have a decent weight to them so they don't get knocked around too much?  That's the main problem I have when I try to use "pink foam" for small structural pieces like that.  (I personally find that coating them in latex house paint helps a lot both in painting and "sealing" and in piling on some weight.  ;)  )

I really love the texture you got on the surface.  I would have never thought to try using paper towels!  Brilliant!

I'm in the process of making some DMScotty style dungeon walls, and I'm definitely stealing this. I like the height!. I'll likely add some sand to answer the weight question.

Are you using 2 layers of foam here? If so, what are you using as adhesive? I've found it pretty finicky to with with.

• Like 1

usually 2 (sometimes more) layers of foam sticked with pure whiteglue to make carcass, I've used toothpicks to stuck it together
uPgX2YO5qZQ.jpg

When foam dried I've started to wrap whet papertowels around (3-4 layers), I use 50% watered down whiteglue to fix paper, and finali appeal dry layer of paper and press it around.
I've made base for tile from roller down and glued whet piese of watertowel, but it may bee formed from hotglue/cardboard or so on...
wiB7FUPv4kg.jpg

when it dryed (about 24 hours) I've used pure whiteglue to reinforce surface of tiles, and its time to paint/flock and addind details)

Edited by Ethernal warrior
  • Like 7

Very nice!  Do the pieces have a decent weight to them so they don't get knocked around too much?  That's the main problem I have when I try to use "pink foam" for small structural pieces like that.

Did you glue the washers or pennies along the bottom surface? Works great, if you don't forget those...  :poke:  The pennies are often cheaper.

One time I made a Waystone for an Elf army, out of foam with a washer on the bottom. It would stand back up, by itself, if it was toppled over.

The Orc Army was so sad.  :down:

• Like 3