Sign in to follow this  
dsmiles

Orcs! [BESM: The Slayers d20]

Last posts from Red indicates she's working on her sheet..but if I am not mistaken, Fishnjeeps only posted in the first page of the topic about being very interested and wanting in.  Unless you've been communicating with them in email or PM, it might not be a bad idea to send them another reminder.  I just reeeally want this game to actually happen.

I sent him a PM early last week, and followed up today.

I've also started adjusting the challenges to account for only 5 characters, just in case. I really want this to happen, too.

Speaking of characters, I may have neglected to mention the fact that warbands have a rank structure. Typically this is: 1 Lieutenant, 2 Sergeants, 2 Corporals, 1 Medic (no actual rank), and 6-10 Grunts.

For 5 characters, it will adjust to: 1 Lieutenant, 1 Sergeant, and 3 Grunts (with 1 doubling as the Medic).

ETA: It will be up to the players to select each position.

Alright, I have enough sheets to start. I still need to make a few adjustments to make up for having only 5 characters.

We'll probably get started...Thursday or Friday, I'd guess.

• Like 1

Alright, I have enough sheets to start. I still need to make a few adjustments to make up for having only 5 characters.

We'll probably get started...Thursday or Friday, I'd guess.

COOL! I'm very new to this, by all means feel free to over explain things when it comes time to play! 

I just started playing Dnd 2 weeks ago!

Quickly assign rank/positions, please.

And then, COMBAT.

The humans have the initiative.

Each player states his/her combat priorities in here. You can set up to 5 priorities for each combat.

Example:

[Character Name]:

1. Attack melee
  2. close to melee range
  3. attack ranged
  4. back out of melee if at X% hit points
  5. Other thing

You will do these things in order. This character will attack in melee until that is no longer possible. Then he/she will attempt to close to melee range with the next opponent. If that's not possible, he/she will attack at range, etc.

This will make combat flow more smoothly. I'll roll all the dice here, people will die, Orcs probably won't. There will be blood and glory, and we'll move along with kind of cinematic combat sequences.

IF YOU HAVE A SPECIAL ACTION YOU'D LIKE TO TAKE DURING COMBAT: Post it in this thread, since this is where all the OOC stuff will happen.

I don't mind being a sergeant...but would rather not be the lieutenant.

Also, since we have walked into a company of guards, are their drawn blades considered their held action, or do we post our action priorities now even though they have initiatitve?

Also, can we post held-actions as priorities  (example "Melee with attacker #4 unless our archer is readying to shoot attacker #4"?

Edited by Spike
  • Like 1