77190: Nethyrmaul the Undying

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think is one of the first blue Nethyrmaul models I have seen in blue. And this looks great, the contrast to the bone underneath is great, although the the transition between the two could be more striking, why has the skin flaked off at these point was it more rotten etc?

I also really like the bases you have made.

Wonderful stuff.

• Like 1

I think is one of the first blue Nethyrmaul models I have seen in blue. And this looks great, the contrast to the bone underneath is great, although the the transition between the two could be more striking, why has the skin flaked off at these point was it more rotten etc?

I also really like the bases you have made.

Wonderful stuff.

Thanks. 

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking about the trasition? I went for kind of a "freshly dead" look for Nethy. I used a soft red/purple wash to try and blend the bones into the innards a bit, but I really wanted them to contrast quite a bit. 

Honestly my original plan was to go for a more traditional bone color instead of the yellow but when I blocked in the color it just worked really well so I decided to keep more of it. I've been trying to work more on letting the main color of the model determine the accents and not just go "okay bones will be white and leather bits will be brown" and so on. 

You've got some great subtle coloration in the eyes - I absolutely love that.  Is that yellow with red glazes around the edges?  It looks very real.

I also love the base - it is tremendously creepy.

Edited by Grim