• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      Black on black, your standard sci-fi street-runner.  Gave his coat a touch of purple just to give the eye something to look at.  

• By billeecats
      Basilisk from the Bones 5 Core Set.

I wanted to give him the classic green and gold coloring of the basilisks of lore, and I am happy with how he turned out.

Learning how to blend and layer is a continuous process of improvement for me, so tips and advice are welcome! 

• By R2ED
      One of the two selections this week was the basilisk. I immediately knew I wanted to this guy as blue when I saw him, but didn't realize I'd go orange, too.

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      * Started this one with a brush coating of the new dark purple from Bones 5.  I mean, you get these new colors, you gotta use 'em, right?
      *  Lightening up the purple to blues with rich indigo, then again to aquamarine.  I wanted the blue to really pop.  
      *  After getting all the blues in place it immediately occurred to me I wanted to go in a different direction.  I looked at the color wheel and saw orange on the opposite end of the spectrum.  Let's do it.  Used it as a filter to not lose the dry brushing color and it ended up making a cool skin effect.  Sweet!
      *  Using the orange now as my basis for something brighter and could lighten up, I placed it between all the scales and used it to bring forward the shadows.
      *  The shadows weren't bright enough, so I took the liberties of using an orange/yellow mix to show scales on the underbelly and match them to the little dots I found on this guy's skin.  With there only being a few dots they looked out of place, so I added some more dots to bring it out.  May have gone a little heavy handed...
      *  Taking a note from my Werewolf I did in a previous post, I used the Drakenshade for areas where the muscle or armor were and used it very sparingly.  Looks great and worked great!  Helped define the musculature.  

Misses:
      *  Eyes pop, but feel I could have made them better.
      *  I love the way the bone and horns look, but I'm not sure they work for this basilisk.  I originally had them as blue, but opted to keep them light.  Not sure how anyone else feels about this?
      *  The scales on the feet needed something and rather than going orange, I went with the blue seen above.  Again, seems pretty bright and I'm not totally sold on it, but it works.

This guy was fun, looks good overall, but also has a LOT going on for colors.  Obviously, this is a departure from classic basilisk colors, but then again - IT'S FANTASY!  I thought making the yellow areas look as though they are soft spots for a team to target.  Not sure it worked fully, but it was fun.  Win.

If you have any feedback or comments, please lay them on me.  I can't get better without some direction from the team.

• By EvilJames
      Assembled my crew and prepped and primed them. 
      Two clopsen troopers, a lizardman recruit, sniper and another recruit/ chisler.

A gnoll commando, medic and recruit, and a cultist recruit/hacker and trooper.

Edit: It is a bit funny that My crew isn't using much of the actual Stargrave miniatures other than a few arms and guns, but then this is just the first crew, and I'll need some ruffians and pirates as well.
    • By Pochi
      This is my contribution to the RCL trios category with @Evilhalfling and @Kuroneko. I decided on a Hampshire pig instead of spots. I love how much character the faces have. 

• Who's Online   18 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)