prophetic_joe

Burrows and Badgers by Oathsworn Miniatures

A snake with a helmet would make a pretty good baddie too. ^_^ Maybe with the end of his tail holding a dagger?

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

A snake with a helmet would make a pretty good baddie too. ^_^ Maybe with the end of his tail holding a dagger?

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Oddly enough, I just saw a picture of a mini of that very thing - a snake with a shield strapped to it's chest and a sword in it's tail... (And another with a wizard hat on and a WWII Mauser pistol in it's tail, lol.)

• Like 1

I love the new critters.  I've already yapped on about the back stabbed armadillo but really I'm just in it for the ride now.  The snake is an awesome addition (been meaning to find one for Ironclaw), and the shrew looks devious I'd say.

I haven't even gotten the previous ones yet and I'm already attempting to throw money at the screen.

• Like 1

How about a Jack Russell terrier? Those dogs are little elfholes. One of them would make an excellent villain :lol: Little jerks :grr:

ETA: Or a Persian cat. A snooty, aristocratic, PITA Persian cat. Just like a real one ^_^

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 3

Platypus! Cause...reasons.

How about avian creatures?

Platypus, for sure. Maybe a ranger style one, or something. Avians... I'm having trouble getting a wing/hand that I'm happy with. If I crack that, I'll do some. Or maybe I'll just do them weaponless - foot claws and beaks FTW!

Excellent. Amphibians make good bad guys I think.

Agreed. It's that cold-blooded thing...

I love the new critters.  I've already yapped on about the back stabbed armadillo but really I'm just in it for the ride now.  The snake is an awesome addition (been meaning to find one for Ironclaw), and the shrew looks devious I'd say.

I haven't even gotten the previous ones yet and I'm already attempting to throw money at the screen.

Armadillo is a definite - although the original plan was to make him dwarf-like, a tough, plodding tank, with a big shield. But I think that's out; I've just found out they can jump 5 times their own height, and run at 30mph! I can't imagine a dwarf pulling that off.

An owl baddie?

I'd like to do a barn owl... again, provided I figure out the hand/wing thing.

How about a Jack Russell terrier? Those dogs are little elfholes. One of them would make an excellent villain :lol: Little jerks :grr:

ETA: Or a Persian cat. A snooty, aristocratic, PITA Persian cat. Just like a real one ^_^

Both good ideas, but the only thing is I'm trying to avoid 'domestic' type animals... I caved on the beagle and pug, but I don't wan't to add many more.

That said, a Persian cat mage could be awesome... tempting!

I'm on with a set of three rats at the moment, called the Hobbes sisters; Nasty, Brutish and Short. And Prophetic Joe is expecting an otter, so I'll have to make sure that gets done. And Jo wants a squirrel witch... so many critters, so little time!

• Like 4

Platypus! Cause...reasons.

How about avian creatures?

Platypus, for sure. Maybe a ranger style one, or something.

By the nature of that particular beastie, I would have thought some kind of multiclass for sure. ::):

• Like 2

shame on the domestic. A set of Siamese twins would be nice and nasty. The way Disney did it, in "Lady and the Tramp" was it?

• Like 4

Armadillo is a definite - although the original plan was to make him dwarf-like, a tough, plodding tank, with a big shield. But I think that's out; I've just found out they can jump 5 times their own height, and run at 30mph! I can't imagine a dwarf pulling that off.

30 MPH!?  I have a hard time imagining that.  Maybe if they are in a ball rolling down a steep hill?  ((Might be a good stretch goal, have a small 'rolled up' armadillo figure, like the Mole in a Hole for comparison))

I really think that you need to think of someone sneaky, or very very cowardly, cause the only time having the amour on your back would be if you were running away, which Armadillos are apparently very good at.  Also swimming, apparently very good, they can hold their breath for five minuets (and as someone once said, "to the Armadillo, every any end is the deep end").  Maybe Pirate Armadillo? 

For the birds, beaks and talons are always good (I'd love a creepy gothic preacher looking owl, maybe paladin (owladin)).  Birds are very dexterous with their talons, I've seen a crow bend a wire into a hook to get something he couldn't reach.

This could certainly make for an interesting 'pirate' set in a later series, who knows.

• Like 2

You keep rocking it Michael. I'm not going to give you any ideas just going to sit back and have a nervous twitch waiting for both the delivery of the last KS and the launch of the new one. It's like I'm five and waiting for Christmas.

• Like 1