Burrows and Badgers by Oathsworn Miniatures

prophetic_joe

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a while sense we last heard anything, hopefully it's all going alright and on time.  Maybe he's still pondering on what color the centrigual spincaster he should buy :D

There'll be a small update today... but there isn't a lot we can do yet, because Kickstarter won't send us the money until the end of next week. So, yeah, everything's still on time; we're just in the 'hurry up and wait' bit of the project right now.

No chance of a new spincaster though - the project didn't raise anywhere near enough for that. Thankfully, the mouldmaker is happy to do whatever casting we need doing, so we'll just be using him from now on, unless we win the lottery. Not doing the metal casting ourselves gives us more time for sculpting anyway!  ^_^

It's been a while sense we last heard anything, hopefully it's all going alright and on time.  Maybe he's still pondering on what color the centrigual spincaster he should buy :D

There'll be a small update today... but there isn't a lot we can do yet, because Kickstarter won't send us the money until the end of next week. So, yeah, everything's still on time; we're just in the 'hurry up and wait' bit of the project right now.

No chance of a new spincaster though - the project didn't raise anywhere near enough for that. Thankfully, the mouldmaker is happy to do whatever casting we need doing, so we'll just be using him from now on, unless we win the lottery. Not doing the metal casting ourselves gives us more time for sculpting anyway!  ^_^

Maybe you can start a savings account for one then? Have a certain amount from each project goaled to set aside for a new machine.

Besides, soon with the Burrows and Badgers line, Oathsworn will be the Next Big Thing in minis, and you'll need to hire minions to help you keep up with all the new orders you'll be getting. So your minions will be spinning metal away while you make dwarves and badgers. (Really, there's not much difference, one just has the fur all over :lol: )

• Like 3

Maybe you can start a savings account for one then? Have a certain amount from each project goaled to set aside for a new machine.

We've been slowly saving up for one over the last year, but I'm not so great with savings... it seems every time I put some money in, the washing machine breaks down, or the car's engine seizes, or the shed roof blows off. (It's been a fun year!)

Boo wish you had gotten enough for a spin caster.

It would have been nice, but in some ways, we'd rather not get one now. Jo's practicing hard at sculpting, and if she gets good enough to do minis, then we'd rather have her spending time sculpting than casting.

Missed out on this. Too many other obligations at the time. Hopefully next time.

Thanks! And there will be a next time... I'm well along with the next three sculpts already.

• Like 3

Just for clarification purposes... did the wind take the roof or was it an explosion? :huh: Because I can totally imagine you guys "blowing" your shed roof off :lol:

That's also something I would do, if given the opportunity, a shed, and a house in a rural neighborhood :ph34r:

• Like 2