Burrows and Badgers by Oathsworn Miniatures

prophetic_joe

Yea!  beagles for Beagle!  I'm so happy.  I actually love them as a breed.  I would have one if every one I have ever owned wasn't an escape artist and a digging machine.  The last one we owned, I spent more time letting him into the backyard then I did letting him out.

so many great minis!  an in such a short timeframe too! 

• Like 3

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still looking for that hat sprue in the next one...

Sadly impossible, I fear... they've all got different shaped heads!

I can't shake the whole Animals of Farthing Wood theme from my head whenever I see these. Love the pug and the beagle

Cheers! I've planned the pug and beagle as a pair of bounty hunters, tracking down vermin...

Yea!  beagles for Beagle!  I'm so happy.  I actually love them as a breed.  I would have one if every one I have ever owned wasn't an escape artist and a digging machine.  The last one we owned, I spent more time letting him into the backyard then I did letting him out.

so many great minis!  an in such a short timeframe too! 

Thanks! Although to be honest, these ones have taken me a lot longer than they should of... I'm aiming to do 3 a week, but other stuff keeps slowing me down. I'm averaging about 1.5 a week at the moment, which is a bit rubbish really!

cheers,

Michael

• Like 3

Can I at least get a badger in a bowler? Maybe chomping on a cigar? I think I need some VictorianSteamFantasyAnthroPunk Burrows and Badgers minis. Maybe a whole KS, just for them. Moles with monocles, badger boxers in bowlers, that kind of thing.

Just a thought.

EDIT: Edited for platypods with pocketwatches.

• Like 1

Can I at least get a badger in a bowler? Maybe chomping on a cigar? I think I need some VictorianSteamFantasyAnthroPunk Burrows and Badgers minis. Maybe a whole KS, just for them. Moles with monocles, badger boxers in bowlers, that kind of thing.

Just a thought.

EDIT: Edited for platypods with pocketwatches.

The problem is that it doesn't really fit with the background I've got in my head... I'm making (slow) progress on the game rules, and the setting is a dark age/medieval fantasy type. So I really want the minis to fit with that; Victorian steampunk stuff isn't really workable.

I understand that if you are just looking for some cool minis, then a mix of types (medieval, steampunk, renaissance etc) is ideal. But I really want to put together a focused range that can be used together in the game setting. So, for the forseeable future at least, no steampunk anthros... sorry!

• Like 4

Hey we can dream that if the minis do super awesome and the rules work that someday there might be a steampunk expansion. I agree with the fantasy element though. I prefer it myself and love the style you are putting on these guys. Not too cutesy. They are serious minis for a serious type setting. It's perfect.

• Like 4

So, if they're hunting vermin, like rats and weasels, shouldn't you have a terrier or a dachshund (both breed for hunting rats and other burrow dwellers)? *is bothersome ^_^* I mean, aside from being cute, pugs weren't breed for anything. They're purse dogs ::o:

haha, they're both awesome. Just ignore me. I'll just being annoying ^_^

• Like 2

Pugs are cute?!?  :;):

A terrier is a possibility... the problem is we have endless options for good guys, and very few for baddies. So if we do another dog, I'll probably go for a staffordshire bull terrier, and make him a bad guy. They look pretty evil to me anyway!

• Like 5

Any chance of another frog or toad?

There'll definitely be more frogs and toads... I had thought of frogs as good guys, and toads as bad guys, but now I'm thinking they might have to both be evil, because there are too many goodies!

I'm still hoping for visitors from the east. Like a raccoon dog samurai or a marten ninja. I can't remember who mentioned the concept earlier.

I'm planning 5 or 6 overseas animals for a 'Travelers' set. Possibles are: Platypus, Tasmanian devil, Red Panda, Armadillo, Japanese Raccoon Dog, Japenese Marten, Tortoise, Raccoon, Skunk, Fennec Fox. Not sure which ones to go for yet, though...

• Like 8

There'll definitely be more frogs and toads... I had thought of frogs as good guys, and toads as bad guys, but now I'm thinking they might have to both be evil, because there are too many goodies!

Excellent. Amphibians make good bad guys I think.