Sign in to follow this  
prophetic_joe

Burrows and Badgers by Oathsworn Miniatures

Time to stalk the mailman again.

I can't help thinking stalking someone who comes to your house every day themselves is the lazy man's version of stalking...  :;):

It's summer vacation.  I am conserving energy for next year's students.  :lol:

• Like 4

Oh, man...so close...

Yep, should be with you very soon...

Almost all pledges are now in the mail.

mailing.png

Best mailing time image evar!  ::D:

Also, I agree with ced  :poke:

• Like 2

*Definitely* want to see this as a sculpt!

Adventure miniatures are pretty common, but it's hard to find hirelings, much less anthro hirelings. In a miniatures game, this figure can also be used in a scenario, where one side is trying to drag a heavy treasure to their camp, while the other side tries to capture the loot! The stuff in the bag would look more like loot than mailing packages, of course!

Best mailing time image evar!  ::D:

Also, I agree with ced  :poke:

Who am I to deny the wishes of a couple of people on the internet? Okay, here you go:

gromley2.png

^_^

cheers,

Michael

• Like 15

I suspect he had this guy on the sculpting board for a while before posting up the picture.

Either way, he's a fun looking one.  I'd have to go all out on the base, making it look like it's being dragged through the dirt, with it lightly bunching up at his feet digging into the ground.

• Like 1

I suspect he had this guy on the sculpting board for a while before posting up the picture.

Of course - I'm much too slow a sculptor to have made him overnight! 

He was in one of our updates a month ago too... at least, his head was:  :;):

nextwave.png

• Like 7

Who am I to deny the wishes of a couple of people on the internet? Okay, here you go:

gromley2.png

^_^

cheers,

Michael

Squeeee! He's so cute and grumpy! *hugs* You are teh awesomest!  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^

• Like 6

Spoke with my gaming group today. We're going to try an Animals of Farthing Wood skirmish campaign Using these minis.

I'll probably use skaven as the evil rats but could do with a group of evil foxes please Dave.

• Like 5

Still have another week on my vacation so we'll see if I beat the mini's to my house.

Also really liking the Mouseburglar.

• Like 1

My package of 20 miniatures has arrived. To use a colonial expression, Dave has really knocked these out  the park. They have a wonderful meaty feel to them, solid limbs and weapons, proper gaming pieces. The metal has held the detail really well and the variety in size and weapons really works well to create a comprehensive range of woodland adventurers.

Favourites - Mole Monk and Hedgehog Warrior

Honourable mention - The Badger, has a really nice old-school weight to him

It's been a long time, years in fact, since I've wanted to immediately paint a group of minis, but these I do.

• Like 6

Squeeee! He's so cute and grumpy! *hugs* You are teh awesomest!  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^

Why thanks you Sara, you're pretty awesome yourself!  ^_^

Any ETA on the next wave? I probably want to have painted some by then!!

Well, I didn't think it would take long to get the next lot ready, but i just looked at my list and there's over 30 of them on there... so I might have to prune it down a bit, or I'll never get them done!

I have to finish putting together the skirmish game rules first though... I should have them done by the end of the week, if it keeps going well. I don't suppose many people are that interested in the rules, but I want them myself anyway!

So I don't know... late August? September, maybe? Just depends how quickly I sculpt...

Spoke with my gaming group today. We're going to try an Animals of Farthing Wood skirmish campaign Using these minis.

I'll probably use skaven as the evil rats but could do with a group of evil foxes please Dave.

Evil foxes... so long as they look like Wood elves, right?  :;):

Still have another week on my vacation so we'll see if I beat the mini's to my house.

Also really liking the Mouseburglar.

Hope your having a great time! I imagine the minis will be there when you get back, although the Post Office are increasingly vague with their delivery estimates... the last one they gave me was 'Might be 3 days, might be a month.'  :huh:

My package of 20 miniatures has arrived. To use a colonial expression, Dave has really knocked these out  the park. They have a wonderful meaty feel to them, solid limbs and weapons, proper gaming pieces. The metal has held the detail really well and the variety in size and weapons really works well to create a comprehensive range of woodland adventurers.

Favourites - Mole Monk and Hedgehog Warrior

Honourable mention - The Badger, has a really nice old-school weight to him

It's been a long time, years in fact, since I've wanted to immediately paint a group of minis, but these I do.

Cheers Trig! I'm glad you like them - I must admit, I like them myself!  :blush:  I know what you mean about the meaty feel; there are some big chunks of metal in the set. Once we'd decided to have mice about 20mm tall, and scale the others up from there, it was a bit of a shock to see how many of the other races are quite a lot heftier than a mouse!

They are definitely fun to sculpt too - I'm really enjoying working on them.

cheers,

Michael

• Like 3

Hey, I'm interested in the rules!!

I might actually be able to get my wife to play this one.  ::D:

So when should we expect the spin-offs?  "B&B 1888: Steampunk Anthro London", and of course "B&B 40k: In the grim darkness of the far future burrows, there is only war...and Badgers"

You know they'd sell  ::D:

• Like 3

Actually Dave, when you get around to a third wave I think a range of all-evil creatures is needed. The first 20 all have a noble demeanor, I think we need some baddies.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm interested in the rules!!

I might actually be able to get my wife to play this one.  ::D:

So when should we expect the spin-offs?  "B&B 1888: Steampunk Anthro London", and of course "B&B 40k: In the grim darkness of the far future burrows, there is only war...and Badgers"

You know they'd sell  ::D:

I'd say never. Never ever ever. Because I don't like the idea at all. But... I'm fickle, and I'm already thinking of how I'd sculpt them, and how cool they'd look, so...  :blush:

Actually Dave, when you get around to a third wave I think a range of all-evil creatures is needed. The first 20 all have a noble demeanor, I think we need some baddies.

Interesting... I thought the baddies were evil enough... so I guess the question has to be, What are you looking for in an Evil Anthro? What would make them look wicked enough?

• Like 2