Caedoc (Mierce Miniatures)

Trodax

I've been painting up miniatures to represent the characters in our Pathfinder game (previous ones include my own character Thula the Witch, Fidrak the Bloodrager, and Tyrax the Slayer). I've now come to the last member of the group; Lucius the Oracle. The Oracle in Pathfinder is kind of a variant of the Cleric class, where the character draws his divine power from some obscure source called a mystery, rather than from a specific god. This character, Lucius, chose "Dark Tapestry" as his mystery, meaning that he draws his power from the unknown outer darkness of the universe, and his backstory is that he's actually a fallen angel who was stripped of most of his memories, cursed and branded by the gods, before being cast out of heaven to walk the earth as a lowly level 1 character. As he levels up, Lucius will be able to grow leathery bat wings and blast his foes with Cthulhoid insanity-inducing bolts. All-in-all, a fun guy to have as a friend. ::):

The priestly-looking miniature in question is Caedoc, a member of the Brythoniaid kindred for the Darklands range from Mierce Miniatures. I like the sculpt (can't quite seem to find who the sculptor is right now), but must admit the club is pretty damn oversized (it doesn't look like he could even wrap his fingers around the massive hilt!).

Painting-wise, because of the characters story, I wanted to choose a color scheme that could work both for a priestly type, but also a more evilly aligned character like a cultist or sorcerer. Hence, the purple cloak. He was fun to paint, but I struggled with doing anything that looked decent with the face (it's so tiny). Because of the hood, this part isn't very visible on the tabletop though, so it'll just have to do. I'm afraid the photos ended up slightly blurry, but I hope you still like him!

post-8529-0-91976300-1428316921.jpg

post-8529-0-62589700-1428316932.jpg

post-8529-0-07594600-1428316940.jpg

And finally, a shot of the whole gang together. Well, actually, there's a fifth character in the group as well, but he was painted by the DM of the game; an arrogant nobleman from Cheliax who is a Gunslinger/Alchemist multiclass. As you might see, there are some scale differences here, most notably the Kingdom Death mini is a bit larger than the Mierce Miniatures one and the two from Red Box Games. I think they still work alright together, though, and tried to compensate slightly by basing the two shortest members of the group on raised steps. ::):

post-8529-0-51778600-1428316950_thumb.jpg

• Like 22

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic