Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

Repainted prepaints (Mage Knight, DDM)

May I ask which paint you used on the ghost? Turned out nice. I can't decide if I want blue, green or grey/black ghosts..  :P

• Like 1

Nicely done! I hadn't seen that Nothic before; it's pretty spiffy!

Thank you, I don't know anything about the critter it represents, but I thought it'd be fun to (re)paint.

May I ask which paint you used on the ghost? Turned out nice. I can't decide if I want blue, green or grey/black ghosts..  :P

Thank you.

After priming it white, I used Vallejo game ink green 72089on it. When that dried I mixed some of that with some generic craft store white paint and used it in successive layers until it looked ok, then I used straight white for a final drybrush. I hope that helps.

Don't decide, do some of each. :upside:

• Like 1

Nice bunch.

I really like the earth elemental, good idea to show him like he's entering the mortal plane.

• Like 1

Nicely done !

Wow, I love the subtle color transition you did.

Dude, you have some serious patience !

Would love to see what you do with brighter colors !

• Like 1

I like your green version of a Nothic. (Nothics are wizards who were consumed by power, this distorted them and changed them to whatever they are now.)

• Like 1

Nicely done !

Wow, I love the subtle color transition you did.

Dude, you have some serious patience !

Would love to see what you do with brighter colors !

Thank you!

I usually have multiple projects going at once, that way I can work on one while another is drying, or work on one when I get get stuck/need a break form another. It takes longer, but I tend to get more done that way instead of just getting tired of a project and not doing anything else.

I like your green version of a Nothic. (Nothics are wizards who were consumed by power, this distorted them and changed them to whatever they are now.)

Thanks!

So Nothics are a representation of the saying 'power corrupts'. Cool.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Generic Fighter
      Its Hobby Goal Time again! Here are mine!

--Finish Female Archer for BoxofManyThings Exchange on Twitter.
      --Complete Work on Spring Exchange.
      --Start work on Reaper Minis Nativity Set for friend of my family.
      --Start a Couple Oathsworn Heroins in Sensable Shoes 3 Minis.
      --Finish the Spaceport Palace in Persona 5.
      --Beat a Classic Video Role Playing Game I haven't beaten yet.(Final Fantasy 8 or 10-2 are the most likely choices.)

So, What are you doing with your hobby Goals?

GF
    • By NomadZeke
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72577-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2017-chatterquestions/
      All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

March and April 2017

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      Given that (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) spring starts in this time frame - Modify (if necesseary) and Paint a figure (doesn't matter what) in a jumping/springing pose

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      April 22nd is National Jelly bean day. Paint a mini in tribute to your favorite flavor jellybean (bonus* points if you choose tutti fruttti)
      *The game is made up and the points don't matter.

Hard Mode Challenge!
      "Disrupted" Light source (from any direction but above.) Paint any mini you choose in any scheme you choose, but the lighting must come from the sides or below, as if it was filtering through some other opaque object to disrupt the lighting. Ex: The character is standing close to a chainlink fence, so it casts a 'shadow grid' on them, or perhaps through an old window with thick beams so the there's a large + shaped shadow being cast on them.  Again please refer questions to the main thread.

Not like there's ANY chance for something on April 1st...
    • By Marineal
      I finished him!
      I think!

So, the biggest mistake I made last year with my reapercon entries was never getting any critique before I turned them in. Now, this guy has a pretty optimistic base I'm not done with yet, but I think he is done himself. I want to know what you think. I want to hear the petty nit-picking things you think about him! I love this sculpt, and I want it to be something that Romain is proud to see done on his amazing sculpt.
      So, lay it on me! Let me hear what you think, and that way I can get better!

Thanks for being the best guys!
      Ps, there are a ton more pictures of the wip and stuff on my blog if you're interested in that kind of thing.

ETA Scale pictures!

• By JDizzO
      I have to say these survivors turned out great!  C&C Welcome!  I hope you enjoy them as much as I am!

Sampson

Silas

Ann

Baldric

Nelly

Clovis

• By NomadZeke
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/66365-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2016-chatterquestions/
      All the information you need should be here.

Your challenge is: 4 - IF you did a fools guild miniatures, the challenge becomes 3 for this month as stated in March
      Bonus Challenge:
      Backwards: In honor of how absurdly stupid and backwards the weather has been lately - paint a miniature using your offhand only. You can still use your main hand to hold it and such, but all application of paint to miniature must be done with your non-dominant hand.
      Extra Bonus Challenge:
      The first modern olympics since ancient times were held in Athens, Greece, 1896. Bonus Challenge 2 is: Make all figures for the month into a diorama honoring the competition, ceremony or competition (winter or summer olympiad, your call)
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)