post-13965-0-39062800-1428370626_thumb.jpg

The only reason I painted this guy was because I was curious if he was supposed to have a lot of fur on him or not and I couldn't find any pictures of it painted so I decided to heck with it and see what he'd look like if it was all skin and the fur was kind of 'stretched' off from his growing bulk of sorts.  Kind of the only reason why I'm showing it off is because I haven't seen anyone else paint one of these guys so maybe you can learn from my mistakes.  I also got some Army Painter brushes in the mail and decided to give them a test run with some of the details.

• Like 20

Haha, you will have to wait until he's released.  This weird fat rat centaur thing was part of the "Oh Rats" collection of the Bones II Kickstarter, so he might be available in a  month or two.

Still, thanks :D

Thanks man.

Also, an open letter to Reaper
PLEASE, MORE PAINTED IMAGES.  Sometimes it's hard to see what should be what even when you add a wash to see the detail.
((And re release the LJC miniatures...))

• Like 1

Oh -then I don't need an order! (dang)...I just have to sort thru that huge box sitting in my living room, waiting to be sorted!

The good, I already own it, the bad -searching thru tons of white figures looking for him!

And I do agree on the painted figure point- I always -at some point -during the painting, look up the figure. Either to get ideas or try and figure out what the heck is skin/leather/armour, or the weird thing on the (fill in the blank) - my eyes aren't always so good, or maybe its my imagination?

And on the LJC....I want the baddies and minions. (I've managed to get all the others, but haven't painted any of them yet)

And on the LJC....I want the baddies and minions. (I've managed to get all the others, but haven't painted any of them yet)

GIMMIE!

Though yah, I'll be happy if I end up getting the baddies, but there are a few of the hero's I'd love to get my hands on.

Also on note, he shouldn't be 'too' hard to find, just sort all the big guys and human sized guys out.  This butterball is kind of long, short, and stocky so he has a fairly unique profile.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kharsin
      Okay! I'm starting this post to keep track of the miniatures I've painted in one place. Just ignore if you've seen them already! 

1. Barrow Rat (LTPK1) Finished (11.14.2013)

2. (Actually don't have this one on this board! LOL!)  06023: Anhurian Swordsmen ???

3. 02924: Bertok, Barbarian (LTPK4) Finished (11.18.2013)

4. P02741A: Nymph (LTPK4) Finished (11.21.2013)

5 & 6. 02811: Dain Deepaxe & 02823: Rasia, w/Spiked Chain Finished (1.29.2014)

7. 14536: Varaug, Orc Warlord (Alternate Sculpt) WIP & Finished (2.16.2014)

8. 14645: Bladesinger Sister "Phoebe" WIP & Finished (3.4.2014)

9. Jazzy's Garden of Eden WIP
         -  Liriel Finished (3.27.2014)

10.  The Picnic or Something Victorianish... WIP & Finished! (finally!) (4.12.2014)

11. Winter Miniature Exchange: Stonehaven Dwarf Rogue Partial WIP & Finished! (4.19.2014) 

12. 14321: Bow Sister "Nubian Princess" WIP & Finished! (5.1.2014)
            - Special WIP! Building A Better Bowl - Basing tutorial

13. 03473: Khesh Blackscale, Dragonman (Sorry! I got WIP lazy  ) & Finished! (5.17.14)
           - Redemption! (sorta): Lazy Basing WIP

14.  Stonehaven Miniatures Gnome Hoplite (a.k.a.: Pocket Achilles) Finished! (5.26.14)

15.  02689 Kurff the Swift (a.k.a.: The Hero of Speiburg) FAIL! WIP & Finally Finished (11.09.14)   

16.  02981 Lonnia, Female Duelist or "The Fair Spansh Lady" WIP and Finished! (6.23.2014)

17.  50180: Mega-Mutant or "The Fly" Finished! (7.14.2014)

18.  Bombshell Miniatures HS38 Rocket Bike & GhNT Security Bot or "The Race" Finished! (9.7.2014)

19. 14600: Kaya the Reaper or "Year of the Giants: Part I" WIP and Finished! (10.4.2014)
         - Year of the Giants: Part Deaux! WIP
         - Year of the Giants Diorama: Mothers Finished! (12.31.2014)
         - ReaperCon 2015 Silver!!! Yay!

20. 02902: Slithe Queen or "Low Tide" [Fall Exchange Mini] Partial WIP & Finished! 

21. Hasslefighter 2014 WIP PAUSED (11.8.14)
            - HFGGL4 Fist of Golgo (i.e.: Billy)
            - HFGGL8A Bobby Van Li (i.e.: Williams)
            - HFC008 Kado 

22. 01325 Bailey Silverbell Finished! (11.8.2014)
            - Official 1st Anniversary of Painting Mini! Yay!     
            - ReaperCon 2015 Silver!!! 

23. Target Acquired: Hasslefree's HFSF 109 "Smudgester" WIP & Finished! (11.21.2014)
            - ReaperCon 2015 Bronze!

24. The Freaking Dungeon!!! (a.k.a.: Super Dungeon Explorer) WIP

25.  Dr. Who Diorama (Present for Haden) WIP & Finished! (12.24.2014)

26. Bones Beauty Pageant: "Little Friend" (Cassie, Gnome Wizard) WIP & Finished! (2.7.2015)

27. "Never Toss A Dwarf" or 60004: Harsk, Iconic Male Dwarf Ranger WIP & Finished! (3.2.2015)

28. "She Be Queen!" Spring 2015 Exchange Finished! (4.16.2015)

29. "Speedy the Gobbo" Exercise in "speed" painting Finished! (4.20.2015)

30. Will's Dino Guy or Maj. Johan Emigholtz WIP & Finished! (6.8.2015)

31. Cowboys!: Roland Deschain or 59007: Gunslinger Finished! (4.5.2016)

32.  Spaaacccceeeeee Woooollllvvvvsssssszzzz!!!!!! WIP

33.  Dragons of Fall Latecoming or Marsya's Really Late I'm So Sorry It Took So Long And I Should Be Ashamed Project Finished! (4.2016) 

34. Icewind Gail or Winter Witch 60149 WIP & Finished! (4.9.2016)

35. (ish) Some hood from Hasslefree.... (um, Joe!) Practically Finished (9.11.2018) 

Running Total: 40ish Miniatures Completed! (+ a TARDIS!)

( #10 required 2 minis; #18 required 2 minis; #24 required 2 minis + a custom TARDIS #29 required 3 minis )
        (Please note that the Running Total tabulates actual painted miniatures. The numbers indicate individual
         projects, some of which may have not been completed.)

Also, a list of my continuing struggle of photographing these guys can be found here and here.
    • By Rahz
      So here are the first 3 (of 6). 

Minus the bases, I'd say I stayed close to my 3 hours per figure. 

The next 3 have been started and will appear in the WIP thread soon.  

Thanks for looking.
    • By Rahz
      Well, I'm calling him done.  His drool is warping (dry air?) and I keep messing with the tooth but enough is enough.  It was a learning experience all round (first bust, first try using WarColour paints, first drool and blood and most of him was painted by airbrush) so I'm calling it a success. 

Thanks for looking.
    • By Grumpy Cave Bear
      This is my entry to the 2017 Valentine's Day Painting Contest. I call it "The Ladykiller".

It's a modified 77207: Dub Bullock, with a bouquet of flowers replacing his usual knife. It appears he's got his eye on some (un)lucky gal...

This is my first modified figure, and it was a blast.

I made the roses by glueing a 4mm x 20mm rectangle of putty to a jewelry wire at one end, then rolling it up, pinching it at the bottom. I shaped and spread the petals by poking at the coil of putty with a pin.

I cut away the mini's knife and drilled a hole through his hand and pushed the bouquet through. The bouquet wrapper was a partly hardened sheet of putty that I wrapped around a shaped filler around the flowers. That partly hardened sheet of putty also produced the ribbon for the Valentine's Day chocolate box, which was just three sheets of putty left to harden, then cut to shape and glued together.

My daughter says that I could take up the hobby of producing doll-sized food from Fimo clay, if I wanted.

The Bones version of this model has a mold line down the center of the mini's face, and so the facial features are a bit garbled. I had to trim away flash and do a bit of reconstructive surgery on his nose and chin with superglue applied with the point of a pin.

The paint job was a bit rushed, because I put off painting until the last minute, then came down with the flu on Wednesday. I pushed through the illness and painted these last three nights, and got it submitted to the contest with less than an hour to spare.
    • By Arc 724
      Armoured Skeletons (FGV314)
      by North Star
      Part of the Thaw of the Lich Lord campaign for FROSTGRAVE Table Top Quality _________________________________________________________________
      Your intrepid warband marches confidently on the outskirts of the frozen city. After a long campaign clearing out the area your brave band of soldiers are ready to pursue deeper in to the white laden ruins. The cold wind, although bitter, has become manageable for your warband. Swiftly the winds begin to rush in from the inner part of the frozen Acropolis, deathly cold. Visibility is no more than twenty to thirty feet in front. Ahead you can see the white and grey haze of snow concealing the ruins. Your captain shouts, "halt" as the warband freezes in it's tracks. A slight sound of creaking then the dull murmur of metal sliding across stone and ice. The sound echos through the winds shaking your men to their cores. Slowly but suddenly a troop of skeletons flanked by two heavily armoured skeletons appear in the distance. It's just as you feared... 

-=The idea was to make them look like they are slowly marching out of the snow blind. It's so cold snow is sticking to them. =-

-= The snow flocking turned out better than I expected. I copied the techniques of some fellow Frostgrave players here on the forums and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Although with these it's hard to see but some other Frostgrave miniatures (which you'll see later) It turned out excellently. =-

-=This has been an entire painting season for me. LOTS of wargaming stuff and it is all finished around now. I hope you guys like it.=-

• Who's Online   16 Members, 0 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)