Sign in to follow this  
Mdlmker

KickStarter: "This is WAR!"

Hi Folks,

David here, DLD Productions. We have launched out KickStarter, "This is WAR!" to take our existing 15mm futuristic/scif resin vehicles, and convert them over to plastic injection.

Why?

#1. Cost of the materials for plastic injection is SOOoo much less than resin.

#2. Mold life is 500,000+ runs for steel, verses 30-50 runs for rubber.

#3. Production times will increase 100 fold! 15 second cyclic rate for plastic injection.....resin, (depending on the weather), 5-10 minute...(that includes trimming off the flash and pour buttons, plus any pre-drilling that is required).

#4. Weight of plastic is sooo much less than that of resin castings. (thinking....shipping.....carrying the army around.....etc..)

#5. No more resin mess, miss-cast parts (wasted money and materials).....

So, there you go....this is something we have wanted to do in the past. We would like very much to see our 15mm line in plastic injection.....AND if this goes well, we will start on the 28mm kits as well.......ooohhh......the Albatross Dropship......in plastic.....yum!

Have a look around....take a look at our gameplay video......and we will see you on the battlefield!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/427645199/this-is-war-0?ref=nav_search

Thanks!
David

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums David.

Theses look really great.  I do prefer 15mm or smaller for scifi stuff, as visually the ranges make more sense to me.

Stargrunt II is my current game of choice for infantry combat.

Edited by Jeneki

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Standifer
      It is never a good idea to play a alternate history video game when you own a 3d printer and love history. My first mini off the the printer is the T95 tank destroyer It was an American prototype. This is in 1/100 scale and it is big for that scale.
      It will need to be cured tomorrow and cleaned up for assembly. 
      Here it is mock assembled next to a Flames of war 76mm Sherman.

Currently working on tiger 2, 105 Pershing and E-100 Turrets. The hulls will come after that.
      Now to find a good looking Maus Stl .
    • By Heisler
      I finally finished some of the WWII German tanks that I have in the stash. These are a bit on the unusual side even for the Germans. The 21st Panzer Division was part of the German’s D-Day defenses but had not really been properly equipped. Major Alfred Becker converted Obsolete French tanks and carriers to help equip the Division.
      These are from Mad Bob Miniatures, they are all resin and only require a bit of assembly. The resin is a bit on the soft side and the longer gun had to be straightened. The castings are a bit rough as well but since they are gaming pieces I didn’t take the time to smooth things out,  just normal prep. I would have liked something a bit more detailed but, for the price and the amount of use they will see, they are about perfect.

Here are the ones I have completed so far:

Starting off with the mSPW S307(f) with a Pak 40 ATG

Then 3 self propelled artillery pieces, SdKfz 135/1 “Lorraine Schlepper”

These are relatively small vehicles so they don’t need a lot of storage room. Since they are open topped they will be getting a few crew figures at some point as well. The 135/1 should have a blade in the back to absorb recoil when the gun is fired. I’m still considering scratch building these because they seem a bit incomplete right now.
    • By knarthex
      So as hinted in my US Armored Company thread, here's the beginning of @Glitterwolf's Dragoons!

Some work on the Dutch tonight, PTRLs and C&Vs Had a problem with the wash I put on them last night, so had to re do the base coat. Tried a different wash, seen on one of the C&Vs, so need to try something else... Thanks for looking! SGT G   link to my US force

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

Vietnam Zombie with gun from Citadel Miniatures of old!

This was a limited release which was linked with both the Chainsaw Warrior board game & 40K Chaos.

Thanks for looking!

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      This is all mostly Glitterwolf's fault....mostly...
      His Painting the Pandemic Challenge was the excuse I've been waiting for to tackle Reaper's Four Horsemen. I first saw them at Leisure Hours Hobbies in Plainfield back when I was first getting started in the hobby, and they were one of those "I'll eventually get these", things since they kinda fit in with my undead army, but I was concentrating more on units at the time...anyway, combining with the recent events of the year, I've been tempted by the idea of going back to the start of the DHL line and painting my way forward. Thus the birth of yet another WIP thead.
      We begin with 02001 Reaper Famine.

Other than priming, haven't done anything with the rider yet. 

As Buglips noted in his WIP, trying to figure out what is skin/bone/fleshy bits was a bit confusing. The skin is Ghoul Skin, bone is Dirty Bone, and fleshy meat bits and organs are Red Gore.

Steel Legion Drab on the base, and began putting Rotting Wood on the harness and saddle. 

• Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)