Zombicide: Black Plague

ced1106

Guillotine Games has announced Zombicide: Black Plague. This new stand-alone Zombicide game brings the zombie-killing to a new, fantastic world. Gone are the malls, hospitals, and prisons. Gone are the molotov cocktails, machine guns, and chainsaws. Gone are the riot shields and tactical vests. Instead, players will use short swords, chainmail, and powerful spells in order to stem the growing tide of the zombie apocalypse as they invade a fantasy world.

The game uses the same mechanics as previous Zombicide sets, but reworked to fit the new setting. With new scenarios, equipment (including powerful artifacts), characters (such as righteous paladins, stalwart dwarves, and powerful magicians), and location tiles (from mysterious vaults to village streets and everything in-between), it’s a whole new take on the original. There’s also new foes to vanquish! This time, there’s powerful Necromancers roaming the board who can add to the hordes ravaging the land. They’re sneaky, though, and it will take all of your cunning to hunt them down.

https://www.facebook.com/GuillotineGames/posts/816375098448527

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/guillotine-games-announces-zombicide-black-plauge/

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 1

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like zombicide, but as a modern era zombie game, I can easily create a fantasy zombie game with the miniatures I have.......

In a way I'm glad this isn't Zombicide 4 as we normally know it after sinking my cash into another recent KS.

Yes.. I am looking forward to this... I backed Season 1 and 2, but skipped 3 as it just seemed like more of what I already had... But this is new and shiny.... And If it is not good, I can get a lot of use out of the minis... May.. That seem like forever....

• Like 1

Expansion pack? The game isn't even out yet. That seems a little bit presumptuous. Maybe it's a stretch goal. Unlike previous versions this one might actually interest me. I'll ask a few of the guys at the club how it plays. They delved into it pretty religiously for a few months after it came out so they should be quite familiar with the play style. They ought to be able to let me know if it's the kind of game that I'd enjoy playing or not.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg

Considering Zombicide kickstarters fund in seconds and overfund minutes later, I am sure they are well justified in their presumptions... :)

This looks really great.. I will back as soon as it starts but I have little hope for an early bird... Last time I was on the instant it opening and by the time my pledge was locked in it had like 1700 backers... (or something nearly as crazy). I am not worried about the early bird though as its just a couple bucks.. Reaper Kickstarter early birds are important because it means goodies sooner..

I am really looking forward to see what the stretch goals are... Tyrion Lannister crossover, Rutger Howard from Lady Hawk... (or Michelle Pfiefer), MadMartigan, Wesley, Andre the Giant, Brienne, Hermione,.... I.... wants... wants all...

• Like 1

Expansion pack? The game isn't even out yet. That seems a little bit presumptuous. Maybe it's a stretch goal.

The kickstarters for Zombicide Season 2 and Season 3 also each featured an expansion pack.

And so did other CMoN projects:

Arcadia Quest had the 'Beyond the Grave' expansion

B-Sieged has the 'Orcs' expansion

Conan has 3 expansions

Journey - Wrath of Demons had 2

Nothing exceptional really.