Zombicide: Black Plague

ced1106

I like the quality, but I am still trying to decide if this game (and that is what it is to me overall) is worth $140 of gameplay.  I will probably stick in in this, but this is a large chunk of change for a boardgame that may see 10 plays at most in its lifetime foe me.

If 4 people play the game 10 times for 3.5 hours, it comes out to $1 an hour.

• Like 1

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I believe there can be multiple necromancers.  I didn't watch the whole game video, but I think they had just drawn a second necromancer when I stopped watching.

At which time they gave the necro an extra activation as the default 'out of minis" rules. A rule I've always been iffy on as it creates huge swings in difficulty based on a meta situation.

It always ruffles my feathers when THAT argument gets used along flying dragons and magic. You are against those too, right?

Not at all! I love magic and dragons! I don't know if it's the same in English, but in Portuguese, the meaning of verisimilitude is: "link, connection or harmony between facts, ideas, etc. at a literary work, even if imaginative or fantastic elements appear in the text; consistency." In other words, a wise elder wizard who knows Middle Earth very well would know of the perils of going through the mines of Moria. Gandalf clearly doesn't want to go that path, so this is an example of verisimilitude in LoTR. I just would love to see more miniatures like Brienne of Tarth from Dark Swords Miniatures (she doesn't have armor boobs, modern invention that just let your with less protection and unbalanced)

Is a bit out of line in a forum like this one.  :;): 

That comment I did is awful, just forget it ever existed! :;):  Sometimes I think something in Portuguese but it sounds rude when I write it in other languages... My point was simply that I want more minis in the style I like and I wrote that way just to mention a principle of offer and demand. I have nothing against people who want different styles, and god knows how I love this forum without discussions about sexism or politics (though I do have an opinion about it). Thanks for the input Willen, I'd also like to mention that your topic on things we can find in the wilderness (for base and the like) opened my mind (and eyes!) and I'm grateful for that.

Anyway, I think Zombicide is great! Everything fits the story of ordinary people that find themselves at a zombie apocalypse! LOVE the wizard from this new Karl Kopinski add-on!

• Like 5

Don't worry about it... English is my second language too. I read "verosimilitude" as "something that can be considered real". Because that is one of the main issues with boob-armor, or bikini chainmail. I don't agree with it for the actual idea of it being... well, real, as we know it is fantasy, but I always hate when people go for historical accuracy in a game with elves, dragons, etc.

• Like 3

I dropped to a $100 'Huntsman' pledge (as I don't need wolves and don't really like any of the heroes) .. but now I really like the new add-on guest box ..  what must I do?? :blink:

cad5d0bf6fa0e33cb6bf1e0bb6013289_origina

I suppose like Hatfields and McCoys you can't say one without the other...  Stefan Kopinski also offers a Guest Box:

c13fd11b3d414abac38bde5261f3255b_origina

Me, I like the woman knight and the Rincewind by Karl but nothing really sticks out in the Stefan box.

Between Oathsworn, Stonehaven and Bones, I think I'm not really in need for another dwarf. And we already have a non-Drizzt in the Wolfsburg expansion.

I'll wait for the Kopinski sculpt pictures before I decide but for the moment my add-ons are limited to Critchlow and maybe the Parente box.

• Like 1

I got in a quick demo game at the CMON Expo this past weekend.... WORTH EVERY PENNY if you even liked to play Zombicide.  If you loved Zombicide, this game will put you over the top.  The new dashboard mechanic is very easy to pick up and really helps keep track of items in game a bit better.

• Like 2

Though I'm not crazy about Drizzt, IMO Stefan's is the best survivor box yet. This is the only box from which I would buy all 4 miniatures if they were sold separately. Not sure if I'm willing to pay 20 bucks + shipping for 4 miniatures though.

• Like 1

Though I'm not crazy about Drizzt, IMO Stefan's is the best survivor box yet. This is the only box from which I would buy all 4 miniatures if they were sold separately. Not sure if I'm willing to pay 20 bucks + shipping for 4 miniatures though.

Still better than the SodaPop add-ons which are generally $10 per mini.

I doubt I'll get many add-ons for Black Plague, but some of them look ok. I think the game comes with enough player options. The NPC-2 box looks like it might be more useful and it's quite a steal. $20 for 20 minis of 5 sculpts. I had to add that one. 

• Like 1

How much do the Special Guest boxes retail for? And do any of the Kopinski figures exist elsewhere?

I really like the woman in the Stephan box, but the not drizzt is meh.

After Kickstarter prices are not published that I have seen. However, using past zombicide pricing, probably the $20 boxes will sell for $25 to $40 depending on th sculpts.

I'm in for $100 base pledge and I've upped my pledge for the Smith and the Parente boxes. I am tempted to add another 20 for the non-Drizzt Kopinski box (as I don't get Wulfsburg, I don't get the female in-no-way Drizzt variant there).

On the other hand, they are not KS-exclusive, so I could get them retail. They might even be cheaper or at the same price. But first I'd have to find a store stocking them where I live. If I order them through mail, I'd also have to pay shipping ... ah ... decisions ...

• Like 1