Zombicide: Black Plague

ced1106

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of interesting they've left off the $10 exclusive add-on singles this time around. I wonder if they got burned on production costs of them last time around?

Could be. Throw in the lawyers and value of Z:BP exclusives vs. S1 and S2 exclusives, and maybe it's not worth releasing them.

Anyway, CMON has a figure that's *only* at the $150 level, the Abominalpha.

"While the Wolf-bomination might be terrifying, the Abominalpha is the true leader of the wolf pack! Its powers extend well beyond its feral strength and speed. At its base, the Abominalpha acts like a Wolf-bomination: requires a Damage 3 weapon (or Dragon Fire) to kill, giving 5 XP, ignores armor, and has 3 actions per activation. But beyond that, its alpha-presence attracts wolfz from far and wide: As long as the Abominalpha is on the board, all cards that would spawn Runners, spawn Wolfz instead! You’ll better take this white nightmare down quickly, or you’ll have to deal with a lot more wolfz than you can handle.

050e5588c4cd5b0626a36a6160bc60cc_origina

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 2

I'm a bit miffed because of that stretch goal. Not because Knight backers (those who paid 40/50 more for game + Wulfsburg) get this as an exclusive ... Wufsburg needed something to be really worth it.

But this is the stretch goal for beating the Zombicide 2 amount of money ... I would have thought the "Zombicide 2" stretch goal should be given to all backers, as the backers who only went in for $100 also contributed to breaking that number.

• Like 2

I like the new wolf, except for the claws and arm spikes...  but I'm not convinced to pledge for the knight level yet. (I'm more interested in the miniatures than the game itself and my trade-off would be $50 worth of delicious bones minis)

I think the reaper undead werewolf is much better anyway!

Edited by pedronunesv

Kind of interesting they've left off the $10 exclusive add-on singles this time around. I wonder if they got burned on production costs of them last time around?

My bet is they wanted to get away from dealing with the people who would buy 10-20 of each exclusive to resell.

• Like 4

New guest artist box ... John Howe. I already love two of the four and with good sculpts, maybe there are four great miniatures in there ...

Hail Survivors!

Special Guests don't get much more special than this! It is a profound honour to introduce to you our new optional buy:

750a904507fe95597e424ddd74a8efc5_origina

The John Howe Special Guest box comes with 4 new Survivors created and designed by this legendary artist, including their miniatures and ID cards. Such unique characters necessitated us going one step beyond, so we've also created a couple of special equipment cards for this box: unique spells for both Cyrine and Hildir.

134c275ba52b4b0d2fe70d9b90d0ea53_origina

John Howe (born August 21, 1957) is a Canadian book illustrator, best known for his work based on J. R. R. Tolkien's worlds. Howe and noted Tolkien artist Alan Lee served as chief conceptual designers for Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy, and Howe also did the illustration for the "Lord of the Rings" board game created by Reiner Knizia. Howe also re-illustrated the maps of The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and The Silmarillion in 1996–2003.
His work is however not limited to this, and includes images of myths such as the Anglo Saxon legend of Beowulf (he also illustrated Knizia's board game Beowulf: The Legend). Howe illustrated many other books, amongst which many belong to the fantasy genre (Robin Hobb's books for instance.) He also contributed to the film adaptation of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis. In 2005 a limited edition of George R. R. Martin's novel A Clash of Kings was released by Meisha Merlin, complete with numerous illustrations by Howe.
Howe also llustrated cards for the Magic: The Gathering collectible card game.

86bcdd5ad0dcdfa8ad6b17710e0e5b09_origina

58ec43fe4bc75ae9e8ca402a074f81ed_origina

1046bb9e2d10f561caef238fb2a317bd_origina
75d41932ed345f8500d303edcc502f81_origina
  • Like 2

Can anyone offer advice on the following?

How many zombie do you need to play Zombicide?  If I went and bought the base game now would I find myself running out of zombies a lot?

I ask because of scattered comments out there claiming you need all the Kickstarter stretch goal zombies to play, and complaints that in this project there aren't enough zombies being added, and too many survivors.

Thoughts from the experienced?

Thank you in advance!

They're complaining about too many survivors not because of game issues, but because you don't need yet another four survivor miniatures. I think some backers want more variety in the monsters.

I don't think you'll run out of zombies that frequently. If you run out of zombies, there's a good chance you're losing the game, anyway. If you run out of zombies, the zombie type that was spawned gets another activation, which is bad for the players. You can always pick up a Zombicide expansion for more zombies, or add your own.

• Like 3