Zombicide: Black Plague

ced1106

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the Guest Artist boxes are really nice, but I think I'll have to stick with a base pledge on this one, especially since there is a better than average chance I'll fail my will save on Bones 3.

The only thing that really bothers me on the pose change is how awkward that arm angle is. 

I haven't decided if I'll go in for any add-ons yet. I'm glad that none of them are kickstarter exclusives. This is going to be my first Zombicide. Is there anything that vet players suggest adding to improve game play? 

The arms are a bit further apart but that's all I see different.

I'll beg to differ. There are a few differences, whether the changes are positive, did not matter or are negative, thats up to the individual, 

Pose: Arms are also further forward. The sculptor averted the Look at camera while showing chest and butt at same time pose.

Pole: Thicker and shorter. presumably to survive rough handling.

Breast plate: Breasts are noticeably larger, ends farther down over chainmail midriff.

Face: Looks like a different race than concept. 

I really liked her evil face, dress, crown and the background story. The arm pose is terrible on the sculpt and dull on the art. I think it would be better if she had her both hands holding the dagger like in the art but with her arms raised a bit like she was about to sacrifice something or someone. In Greek Mythology Queen Medea avenges her husband's betrayal by slaying their children, so it makes sense. 

I`m not a fan at all of the movie snow white and the huntsman, but the evil queen characterization looks beautiful. The miniature could double as a witch queen or ice sorceress in a D&D game.

The odd thing about that sculpt is that the dagger appears to be flush with the raised arm, so it's like it's being held up as a symbol rather than being poised for a downward thrust.  It's just a very awkward pose in my opinion, regardless of what she's supposed to be doing with the dagger.

I'm not really interested in the game, but the sheer number of figures one gets does make it appealing.  Though I have to remember the ludicrous number of figures awaiting mine brush, and the imminent launch of Bones III...!  :ph34r:

• Like 3