Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

Hammer Time! - Hephaestus, Master of the Forge

He looks great! Maybe a different background would help something with colder or more neutral colors rather than that warm backround with his warm colors.

• Like 3

You overcame any flaws the miniature might have to produce an OUTSTANDING creation...WONDERFUL brushwork & basing with some SPLENDID colors. VERY WELL DONE!

My Evil Camera is sometimes more cooperative if I show her the new batteries I bought for her...& sometimes not.

• Like 1

What a cool and unusual mini, very we'll painted;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments everyone!

He looks great! Maybe a different background would help something with colder or more neutral colors rather than that warm backround with his warm colors.

I only brought the one background to see if it would help with my picture taking (I think it does), I'll have to get a grey/blue one to go with it.

• Like 1

Really cool! Always makes me happy to see one of my figures painted - by someone other than me :p

Well done, really good work!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Veteran Chisel, a player for the Masons Guild in the game of Guild Ball. 
      This is one of the many Guild Ball characters I don't know much about, although it's surprising she got a veteran version without popping up in any big story lines.

Had a few issues with this one (even after painting them I still can't figure out her boots) plus she's yet another Guild Ball mini missing a few fingers.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By KingMob
      Enjoy another rendition of 01608: Reaper 25th Anniversary - Diva the Blessed. Part of the Autumn palette series with NMM, Texture, and Effects. I know it's a great sculpt when I want to paint it again.

• By jonaas33
      Used my extra hour from Daylight Savings Time on Sunday to paint this awesome dwarf.  I think I painted her dress 3 different times before I got to the yellow and green combo, and am really happy with how it turned out.  I had a rough time with her face though.  Her mouth and cheeks seem to indicate shouting orders, but I couldn't get her eyes to express that kind of command.  I went over it so many times that I felt like I was losing details, so I just stopped at a point that looked "good enough".  I still really like her overall, and had a lot of fun painting her.  Critiques and advice are always welcome!  Thanks in advance!

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Compound (from the game Guild Ball), a collaborative experiment between the Alchemist and Engineer Guilds to see how much their combined talents could "improve" the average human Guild Baller.

Despite having some difficulties painting his skin, I just could not get the highlights on his belly to look right, I'm very pleased with the end result.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Starting yet another Guild Ball mini:-

Compound, a player for both the Engineer and Alchemist Guilds. He was pretty easy to assemble considering he came in a lot of pieces for a metal mini (body, apron, both arms, head and four canisters for the engine on his back.

Since it involved drybrushing, I started on his mechanical arms:-

So far I've finished the wooden (Parasite Brown > Brown Wash > Parasite Brown drybrush > Ochre Yellow drybrush > Sepia Wash) and material (Scarlett Red > 1:2 Scarlett Red/Pale Yellow > Brown Wash) parts. The bronze metal parts are a base of Bronze with a Brown Wash so far and the steel parts are yet to be done.
  • Who's Online   45 Members, 4 Anonymous, 140 Guests (See full list)