USPS shipping to the hotel

haldir

Just curious if any has ever ship anything to a hotel for a conference? As I get all my stuff gathered I find I might be getting close to the dreaded airline baggage over-weight fee. Is shipping to a hotel the same as say me shipping to a person in the next town? I ask cause I sent down something for a previous RCon to the factory & it arrived Monday after the Con, yet I sent it Tuesday the week of the Con. So I'd like to get it there in time.

Also does anyone know if HGI will hold/accept packages for future residents?

Any advice will be helpful, thanks!

RM

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious if any has ever ship anything to a hotel for a conference? As I get all my stuff gathered I find I might be getting close to the dreaded airline baggage over-weight fee. Is shipping to a hotel the same as say me shipping to a person in the next town? I ask cause I sent down something for a previous RCon to the factory & it arrived Monday after the Con, yet I sent it Tuesday the week of the Con. So I'd like to get it there in time.

RM

Why not just call THEM and ask?  :huh:

I'm sure that someone there would be able to answer your question with a for sure yes or no. Most hotels will accept packages on your behalf, but it's best just to hear it directly from them rather than ask around here or make a guess.

• Like 3

RM

I did this for Reapercon last year. I had Zazzle send my shirts direct to the hotel. They have no problems holding a package for a week or two. I have to do this fairly regularly for business travel with hotels all over the world.

I always call ahead to verify this is OK with them first, and I've never had a hotel ask me not to do it. This is a fairly common guest request.

• Like 2

Oh yah I'm gonna give them a call, I just wanted to hear some opinions first since I've never have had to send anything to a hotel. Knowing HGI, prob a fee of some sorts associated with it ( I kid..... :poke: )

RM

• Like 1

I stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn last time I was in Seattle and they had no issue, and charged nothing.

Westin did charge starting at 10 usd and up depending on size, weight, etc.

No hotel in Europe has charged me nothing for the service.

That is my experience so far.

• Like 2

Sounds good, it's a option at least. Since most of the maps I'm drawing out on gaming paper & gluing to foamcore. Starting to pile up. I don't think the weight will as much of a factor as size, but when you add in the other crap like clothes, shampoo, etc etc then yah it'll matter.

RM

• Like 1

That is a option, but I've got most of them already done.

To be honest I think the ones I wanted to make maps pre-game are completed. Rest will be drawn on Flip-maps or gaming paper (if I bring the roll, it's big bulky, etc etc)

RM

• Like 1