Sign in to follow this  
Jaws

WIP 02990 Crypt of the Vampiress ++: Custom made casket of souls

Finally decided to go with blue ghosts. It's just more 80's. I like the 80's. :D

Put it here, just in case the smoky naked bits count as nudity.

Edited by Jaws
  • Like 6

Undead and Chaos are my favorite miniatures.

I love what you're doing there.

Keep posting pics.

Good paintjob on the ghosts so far.

Looking suitably evil

• Like 2

Gonna do these ghosts the same way. Based white, currently waiting for the first wash to dry: 

post-13938-0-50001200-1429042187_thumb.jpgpost-13938-0-13623200-1429042189_thumb.jpg

Based and washed this one while I waited:

post-13938-0-94867500-1429042190_thumb.jpg

And although vampires claim to be horrible, horrible monsters, they are secretly all about eternal love,

picking flowers, bleaching teeth and comfortable coffin sheets. Just don't let them know you know. You know?

post-13938-0-07845600-1429042412_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Love it, as long as they don't start to sparkle I love the vampire miniatures.

Nothing sparkly. I promise :D

post-13938-0-43399900-1429110315_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Eww, nastiest version of that figure I've seen yet. Definitely brings out the inhuman killer aspects.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Mark Kay didn't seem to make many sculpts for Reaper, but he made two Ghosts, and they are ghastly in every sense. They are incongruous, evocative, weird.

Here's 02363. The Apparition. An unheimlich, eerie figure. Dread. The Uncanny Valley is only part of the unease engendered; in many of the Victorian ghost stories there is also a strong element of social anxiety. The enigma wants something, it is *owed* something, or there is an obligation from someone which must be fulfilled, and there is an almost insurmountable communications barrier. This is the fear of the Past that Won't Go Away, the dread of shirked duties, the fear of inescapable generational obligations, the sins of the fathers visited on their children.

Look at this big-knuckled hairy revenant! It reminds me horribly of an illustration in a book that used to frighten me as a child. What does it WANT? Probably blood. Probably YOUR blood! 

His other ghost, 02314, is equally mysterious but tells a very different story. That Ron Perlman jaw, that shallow forehead, the monk's robe! Less pvertly threatening, but every bit as unheimlich. The terror of a ghost isn't really so much what it can *do* to you, anyway. The fear of ghosts is based in that they ARE at all. 

And here seems as good a place as any to put a retouched Pistol Wraith from Warmahordes. Similarly a robed skeleton with accessories that tell a story--the story of a ghost...with GUNS! What now?! 
      I love this sculpt partly because of the questions it raises. Why would a ghost with a gun be any more threatening than a ghost without a gun? Is a ghost gun as good as the usual at punching the soul out from a body? Better? Do incorporeal bullets ignore cover? 

• By Rigel
      Been working on a series of monster hunters from the Early Modern Era, and of course that means we need early modern monsters!

The Vampire, of course, is one of the most versatile classics. Polidori, the "Varney" authors, LeFanu, and Stoker popularized the concept and promoted the bloated varcolac or shambling nach-zerer to the aristocracy. The variety is almost infinite, but nowadays we expect them to be parasitic, narcissistic, obsessive, entitled, compelling, rule-bound, and of course, literally blood-thirsty. 

Here's one such vampire, the beautiful Jahenna. Alluring, beguiling, deceptive. This is one of the crispest, cleanest sculpts I've encountered with regard to hands and hair. The conveniently-non-cruciform gravestone she's sitting on bears the legend "Mircalla RIP," a nod to LeFanu's "Carmilla" (source of the Vampire Anagram trope). The dress is very Jessica Rabbit-esque and my first attempt at fabric semitranslucency. Could probably have pushed those highlights more.

Matthias the Twisted, on the other hand, is a very different flavor of vampire. He gets the full Murnau/Schreck treatment. Grotesquerie, disfigurement, corruption, contagion. An asymmetric bogey, horrific, athirst, more rat than bat or wolf. I do love the adorable little plague rats around and on him. 

• By Sharkbelly
      I am starting work on this guy.

• By Maledrakh
      This mini is called "Vorvorlaka" and is from the Bones 3 kickstarter, Graveyard expansion. I based it on a 30mm lipped base.

The obligatory size comparisons...

77631 Vorvorlaka
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 3 KS 2015, Graveyard expansion
      Sculpted by Bob Ridolfi
      30mm base
      available from reapermini.com

Here shown with Reaper 80068 Victorians and North Star's Pulp Heroes: The Film Crew sculpted by Bob Murch
      click the pic to enlarge

• By rachels89
      This is my first attempt at object source lighting. I'm still pretty new to this hobby, so any advice is appreciated!

• Who's Online   54 Members, 5 Anonymous, 308 Guests (See full list)