Jump to content

Life Size Diorama of Game Room


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm jealous. I would totally do something (on a smaller scale) except that my basement WILL require underpinning to get finished. Considering I spent 8 months trying to get quotes for that with a number of contractors just ignoring me, the odds of that happening are pretty minimal.

It turned out great too.  I know how satisfying it is when all that hard work is finished and you get to enjoy the results.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

    • By kristof65
      My wife graciously allowed me to redo an area in our basement that was the previous owner's pool room as a gaming/painting area.  Finally got the walls reainted from their ugly green, and my cabinets and countertop for my painting station installed.  Oh, and TV with Roku installed.  Next up is the paint rack for my extensive collection of craft paints. 
       
      The painting station:

      Reaper paints are in the drawer to my immediate left.

      My craft paint collection:

       
      A Wire mesh cube rack from Amazon that I'll be converting to a wall mounted paint rack using 3d printed parts. 

       
      My 3d printer churning out some of the standoffs I designed to mount the mesh:

       
      And the first half dozen standoffs printed, and ready for wall mounting tomorrow:

    • By Lidless Eye
      One benefit of our unplanned and sudden move is that we will finally have a hobby room.

      The first few displays were moved over first:


       
      Then came a lot more of the mess:


       
      Shelves have been set up, and a folding table arrived from Amazon:



      An older end table has been drafted as a paint and build station:


       
      Once it's finished up, I'll have to take shots of the whole set-up, but there's still a bit left to go.
    • By ub3r_n3rd
      Now that our new house is done and we are unpacking, living in it for 11 days as of the time of this posting. I wanted to go ahead and start up a WIP thread showing my hobby/game room and the WIP as the last few days I've been setting it up so that I can paint. My OCD won't allow me to actually paint (even though I have an area for it now) until I have the rest of the room cleaned up and organized!
       
      Let's start up with the original plans -
       

       
      And here it is after it was done, a blank slate!
       

    • By Thrym
      As I stated in the WIP & Show Off of the Jabberwocky for my daughter's birthday some time ago, she's a nutter for all things Alice, especially the Jabberwocky.
       
      So, for Christmas, I am putting together and painting the one from Hordes of Things.  It's 15mm scale so it's smaller than our normal game play minis but it's really for her shelf at home.
       
      Example Image from Hordes of Things:
       

       
      At first I was pleased that the company left such nice pinning stems from the pieces.  I soon learned that they don't hold up ... AT ALL.  Grumble.
       
      Here he is in the package:  Those "pins" are nearly a half inch long for the arms and wings.
       

       
      I cleaned it all up and filed what little mold lines there are.
       
      Here's a shot of the wing:
       

       
       
      The integral base was round.  Nice and smooth but round.
       
      So, I lopped off segments of it to make "right" angles so I could blend it in to the base with some cobblestones on it using a Happy Seppuku stamp.
       

       
      Here's the stamp applied to one of my tile bases. with a cut away for the jabber's base:
       

       
      And here it is with the Jabberwocky sitting in place:
       

       
      I might file/cut some cobblestone lines into the base to break it up but with the straight lines and some paint, it's not as noticeable as the round.
       
      You can see I added the right arm.  I had to pin it after the integral pin snapped.
       
      I used a green stuff ring to better fill the connection to the head (not shown but done).
       
      I added taller cobblestones to the existing ones once the first stamp was somewhat less pliable.  I'll file them down some more so they just slightly raised.  Irregularities improve perception in my opinion.
       
      Tomorrow I will clean up the edges of the cobblestone with some more around the outside edge using a brick edging stamp from HS or just trim the edges straight.
       
      More photos tomorrow after Paint Day.
       
×
×
  • Create New...