Sign in to follow this  
Stephen G. Roy

Legendary Encounters Paint used?

I still love the LE line, and hope to eventually see more.  My issue is with paint matching when trying to match to Bones versions.

I have tried using Power Pallette with official shots from the catalog, but don't get anything definite.

Are the LEs painted using official Reaper colors?

Specifically, I am looking for the Brown used on the Great Worm.

It is not Earth Brown, and has a somewhat satin finish. :(

20018_w_1_a.jpg

Edited by Stephen G. Roy
  • Like 2

Are the LEs painted using official Reaper colors?

I seriously doubt the paints are anything like what Reaper sells for hobby painting. Likely the paints used are similar to what chinese factories paint childrens toys with. 

• Like 1

I'm 99% sure the paints used are not RMS. Almost all pre-painted figures are painted with some sort of rubberized goop that bonds with the plastic, preventing it from ever scratching off no matter how roughly it's treated. So I'm afraid you'll just have to pick colors that are 'close enough.'

• Like 1

It's an opaque, fairly simple color.  I'd just mix Chestnut Brown with Pure White.*

*Technically Burnt Sienna with Titanium White.  Those are the Reaper equivalents.

• Like 1

We do not supply our manufacturer with MSPs. And although we paint our Masters (which they use as a guide to how to paint that batch) with MSPs, we do not require precise color match, and give them a lot of lattitude. If we use a brown, they may use whatever browns they happen to have available, within reason (similar lightness, similar tone). It is not guaranteed, therefore, that you can match the color precisely without mixing.

May I suggest repainting over the part you are trying to match with the color you want to use for the matching part?