Sign in to follow this  
MamaGeek

Old-School 1983 TSR Cleric

Lovely work. I'm not used to seeing that fine a job on such an old figure... usually, you see those with a goopy coat of Testors Enamel...

• Like 6

That shield is stunning, as are the blue eyes.

It is fun to see top painters work magic on the old figures. So often these great old minis get relegated to the dustbin of history.  Well done, Joy. (I'm also glad to see you painting again.)

Andy

• Like 6

Vintage mini with an outstanding paint job, what more can you wish for?

Great work.

About the lead content, as long as you don't swallow, or get into the bloodstream you will be fine.

Just don't breath in when sanding,,

• Like 2

Vintage mini with an outstanding paint job, what more can you wish for?

Great work.

About the lead content, as long as you don't swallow, or get into the bloodstream you will be fine.

Just don't breath in when sanding,,

I used my Dremel to polish it, so I wore a dust mask.

• Like 2

Thanks, everyone, for the compliments. And Andy, I was getting rusty! I think I could have done better... I need to practice more to get my skills back. I've been doing some of that with my violin lately, too. It's amazing how far muscle memory will take you, though. I played a concerto I learned 15 years ago (Mendelsohn), and was able to get through all but the cadenza. But then I tried something new, and stumbled through even the first few measures. So my painting hands know what they're doing, but I need to keep it up, or I lose that highest bit of skill that makes the real difference.

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BrokenWolf668
      Last one for a bit, have some different stuff to work on for presents for a bit, enjoy!

• By Durham
      I was excited to be at Reapercon this year.  There was so much I learned! One thing was shading to make figures more realistic. This was the figure I used to learn on. The only thing is,  I wish I knew what figure it is - name and number. I'm trying to keep a log of colors used for figures. Anyway,  I'm going to work on this next when I finish Benedikt

• By Livesay
      A year ago I painted my first minis for D&D. It's not my best work, but it's most definitely an upgrade!

• By Kangaroorex
      This piece has been sitting in my mini drawer for quite some time.  I'm not sure where it came from or why it showed up but it appeared and desired paint so it got some.  I am thinking of making it the grand mentor for the legion of Justice and Caeke to counter the dread influence of Fatimus but we will see.  In the mean time, I dont know too much about this mini other than it was produced by Ral Partha in 1991 for TSR Its pretty and it was fun to paint, but my google fu is not strong enough to find the name of the character and the base has no further information.

So without further Ado, my dragon Elder

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody,

just got finished with this little lady last night, a female cleric from the Hackmaster series, sculpted by Jim Johnson.  Like usual, looking at everything so closely I can see so many glaring errors, but I give up, must enjoy what I've done and not complain.  

This little cleric lady looks kind of nun-like, but I didn't want to do her with blacks and whites so went for reds, oranges and yellows instead. Maybe she worships some kind of fire god, who knows?

Anyway, fun figure to paint and has that characteristic Jim John face, angular and a good time to paint:

My metals turned out I thought really blue, and upon reflection, the breastplate would have looks really cool were it to have been black, but  maybe for my next female cleric, who knows?

And just in case you're curious, she is wearing a shoe, but it ended up getting a little too hidden in the grass.

So anyhoos, enjoy!
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)