So I'm going to attempt to pull off a feat of craziness here. I'm planning on a 5-figure diorama that I started last night and trying to finish in time for ReaperCon.

The figures are as follows:

3 Ogres (Tom, Dick, & Harry from the Reaper Artists Con) -

Photo of Tom, Dick, and Harry (the three to the right) courtesy of hungerfan's post while he was at the RAC:

post-12234-0-75000900-1414275779_thumb.j

Anyhow, here's my idea that came to me when I saw them:

The praying paladin is kneeling before a broken temple to his Goddess (the Grey Maiden figure). Nature has reclaimed the temple, all that is left are ruins, broken columns and the old faded statue. There is overgrowth everywhere, the statue and columns are stained with the passage of time.

Suddenly three ogres see him and rush in to clobber the praying paladin, they have him surrounded... 

So far, I've gotten the ogres mostly cleaned up of mold lines, glued together, and placed on their 2-inch plastic bases. Tonight I'll finish cleaning up mold lines, fill gaps, prime, and work on the big base which is around a 7 inch circular base of wood about 2mm thick, I'll add foam and cork board to build it up.

The plan is to have the ogres and the paladin as removable and their individual bases cleverly hidden so they look like they are a part of the scene seamlessly. 

I'll be working fast and furious on this as I only have 10-11 nights to work on it, but most of those nights I'll have 5-6 hours to work on it and that means I could get this done in 50-60 hours. Wish me luck!

C&C will be greatly appreciated through the process as well.  ^_^

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 16

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the luck wishes!

@Bathroy - ROFL, well I have been in a funk, so I can see why you'd think that. I did finish my exchange piece last night which is a vignette, so pics of that will be posted on the forum AFTER my recipient gets it, I actually got my photo setup out last night with my Hangar18 backdrop and took around 10 pictures of it from different angles.

@Lexomatic - I actually have some stuff pre-made from a previous kickstarter (Dragonforge). Those are an excellent idea though!

• Like 3

Wait, Ub3r... I'm confused, what happen to the pink kitten diorama we discussed (well, i discussed, LOL)   ::D:

Cool those are the new release orges too arnt they?! I was very intrigued by the look of them. Was thinking of getting them one day. It will be nice to see your painting of them. 

Dont know what I can do to help you except moral support but if you need anything I will certainly try!

• Like 3

Wait, Ub3r... I'm confused, what happen to the pink kitten diorama we discussed (well, i discussed, LOL)   ::D:

Cool those are the new release orges too arnt they?! I was very intrigued by the look of them. Was thinking of getting them one day. It will be nice to see your painting of them. 

Dont know what I can do to help you except moral support but if you need anything I will certainly try!

That one will be after this is done.  ::P:

Yeah, they are named differently in the store too. I had a ninja shopper pick them up for me from the RAC a while back.

Moral support, comments, critiques, and advice are all welcomed!

• Like 4