Sisters of Serens (or Sigmar's Sisters?)

Teskal

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I wrote elsewhere..

For all of us Mordheim players out there Warband Miniatures (looks like a new company trying to start up) brings the Sisters of Serens to Indiegogo.

T
hese warrior nuns have lots of hammers and are sculpted in a recognisable style. So much so that they might get a legal letter from a rather large company. The sculpts look really good though (although the proportions on renders always look different to the final results). I'm not sure what to think of this one to be honest. The TGG2 project just ended with beautiful fantasy battle nuns who, while not pretending to be Sisters of Sigmar, were their own entity. These ones seem a bit derivative.

Back in the day I remember seeing pictures on the internet of about 7 or 8 Sisters of Sigmar that were never released. Games Workshop didn't like the sculpts for some reason (even 'though they were rather good). These ones seem to be continuing that tradition of providing a missing element for a much loved elder game that has been abandoned by it's creators.
Edited by Balgin Stondraeg

I'm trying to work out if I'd ideally want 6 hidden counters or 8....... Their general lack of ranged weapons tends to lead to the sisters hiding a lot & then charging out and ambush foes that come close.

Once I've worked that out I'll cost up a basic warband (assuming they get enough sculpts to make one) and see if it's affordable or not. I still have my old metal Sisters of Sigmar but these are much nicer sculpts (and less duplicates too if it does really well).

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg

This is something I would 100% back if it was on kickstarter. I have never used Indigogo and have really only heard negative things. I will keep an eye on it... but I think that reason will keep me out of this...

I've backed two Indigogo campaigns and they were both fine.  My only complaint was JBT's packaging, but that's beyond the website's control.  Like KS, it really comes down to the people looking for money rather than the site.

This is something I would 100% back if it was on kickstarter. I have never used Indigogo and have really only heard negative things. I will keep an eye on it... but I think that reason will keep me out of this...

I haven't had any issues with the funding projects on Indigogo. Its not quite as flexible as Kickstarter and you do pay up front rather than at the end which means you have to deal directly with the creator if you need to drop out. I do prefer to wait till the end so I can figure out exactly what I want rather than jump right in at the beginning. I have had more Kickstarters fail on me than Indigogo projects.

The key differences are as follows.

Kickstarter: You pledge your money. At the end of the campaign if it doesn't get funded you get to keep your money. If it does get funded they take your money. You can change your pledge at almost any time during the campaign.

Indiegogo: You pledge your money. They take your money. There are two types of Indiegogo campaigns. Fixed Funding and Flexible Funding. This one is Fixed Funding. If a Fixed Funding campaign fails to reach it's goal you get your money back at the end date. If a Flexible Funding campaign fails to reach it's goal then you don't get your money back and they get to keep it anyway. This actually makes sense with some smaller campaigns who put in mini stretch goals to at least release some of the stuff if they don't get enough money to make everything that they want. If an Indiegogo campaign reaches it's funding level then they obviously get to keep your money regardless of whether it was a Fixed Funding campaign or Flexible Funding. If you want to change the ammount you pledged then you have to ... pledge the extra amount again..... This actually works well with the Indiegogo perks system as it allows you to claim multiple rewards without having to worry so much about surveys and pledge managers later on. It's a bit clunky 'though.

Apart from that they're pretty much the same. Flexible Funding campaigns are pretty rare. Fortunately this is a Fixed Funding campaign. Basically think of Indiegogo as the poor man's Kickstarter. There was a time when lots of companies from different countries around the world could not start kickstarter campaigns without an American business address (or an American associate handling the campaign for them). This has now been somewhat relaxed. Indiegogo allows more nationalities to take part.

• Like 1