Sign in to follow this  
Marineal

Best light box setup

Hey!

So, I'm looking for a new picture setup. I've seen several different types, and I'm interested in popular opinion.

Should I get the one with the integrated leds, or one with the 3 bulbs pointing at it?

Thanks guys, I really want my pictures to look better, and this is the first step I'm taking!

Thanks heisler!

I read these posts before. My question was more about how people liked specific types, not the techniques of using them.

That's something I'll iron out once I get a specific box. :-)

So, I made a lightbox. I used a tutorial I found online, and PVC pipe. 12' of PVC and 8 t-pieces later, I had a lightbox! I added some translucent fabric and some lamps on either side and voila!!!

Now my concern is that my lightbulbs might be too bright... I have a 60 watt daylight CFL on each side.
I got a cool new camera (Canon Rebel T5) and my first shots with it were washed out. 

I was going to try and mess with my white balance, but I am not REALLY sure if I know what that means, even though I can find out how to adjust it.

My plan is to play around and see what works, be prepared for pictures to compare.

• Like 2

So, I made a lightbox. I used a tutorial I found online, and PVC pipe. 12' of PVC and 8 t-pieces later, I had a lightbox! I added some translucent fabric and some lamps on either side and voila!!!

Now my concern is that my lightbulbs might be too bright... I have a 60 watt daylight CFL on each side.

I got a cool new camera (Canon Rebel T5) and my first shots with it were washed out. 

I was going to try and mess with my white balance, but I am not REALLY sure if I know what that means, even though I can find out how to adjust it.

My plan is to play around and see what works, be prepared for pictures to compare.

I have waaaaay brighter lights and have no problem, adjusting ISO sensitivity, the camera automatically takes good pictures. (it's, like magic). I have a Canon EOS D1100, sucesor to the T3 in spirit).

• Like 2

I have waaaaay brighter lights and have no problem, adjusting ISO sensitivity, the camera automatically takes good pictures. (it's, like magic). I have a Canon EOS D1100, sucesor to the T3 in spirit).

Do what to my ISO sensitivity?!

• Like 3

I've been reading online about things, but I really need a "photography for dummies" primer.

Like, here's the terminology, here's how to set up for macros, here's for sporting events, etc.

I'm trying to learn and play with my new expensive toy so I can use it to it's full potential!

• Like 1

I am on the street now, but if nobody else (who knows what they are talking about) chimes in before I get back home, I will do my best to explain.

• Like 3

Thanks guys! I'm not looking to do this professionally, I really just want a setup for taking pics of minis on a tripod in my lightbox, and a general setting for random other pictures. 

I'm reading the fishnjeeps article now!

• Like 3