Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

Elisabeth Suess - Mistress of Cybernetics! (plus assistant) WIP

Been desperate to start on my Wolsung stuff, unfortunately most of it needs to be based before I can start painting, and I can't base any of it because I'm waiting on some basing stamps (to make more awesome cobblestones than I can create with my current sculpting skills).

But I did find a couple I could mount on corks, Ms. Suess and a Ghoul (both from the Ven Rier faction):-

tQ2i6K.jpg

slIKcG.jpg

Currently waiting for the Primer to fully dry, so it'll probably be tomorrow before I make any more progress.

• Like 12

Progress:-

L2oCvD.jpg

I think I should have left off that umbrella until later, makes it very hard to paint parts of her.

But her skin is done (Vallejo Flat Flesh>Flesh Wash>Flat Flesh>1:1 Flat Flesh/Linen White), just need to do her mechanical eye to finish off her face.

4cHsqJ.jpg

Also finished the Ghouls skin (Vallejo Dead Flesh>Flesh Wash>Dead Flesh>1:1 Dead Flesh/Linen White), plus he has Yellowed Bone teeth and Rainy Grey eyes (no pupils though, they're too small).

• Like 9

Concentrating on Ms. Suess:-

ucFy1s.jpgRBIQuX.jpg

Damn umbrella!

Painted her mechanical eye and hair. From a base of Lava Orange, shaded with a Red Wash, reapplied the Lava Orange, then I tried highlights of 1:1 Lava Orange/Palomino Gold, didn't really work so went with spot highlights of pure Palomino Gold.

Wasn't sure about it at first, but now I think they look quite good, though the placement could be better!

• Like 8

Continuing with Ms. Suess:-

3R462r.jpgmS7e7H.jpg

I may have overdone the pink.

The bottom part of the dress is 1:1 Hot Punk Pink/Linen White, highlighted with pure Linen White, the top half is Vallejo Warlord Purple, and the corset and umberella is Vallejo Hexed Lichen (haven't done anything but basecoat these parts yet).

She also has Vallejo Andrea Blue power cables, and Vallejo Oily Steel feet. These bits have been shaded with a wash but still need highlighting.

• Like 12

Man, what a crazy mini... Have you read Mieville's "The Scar?" I can't see her without thinking of the remade.

• Like 1

Man, what a crazy mini... Have you read Mieville's "The Scar?" I can't see her without thinking of the remade.

I haven't, it's been years since I last picked up a book.

The Wolsung setting seems to be really into body modification, a sizeable chunk of the characters have a replaced limb or two, Ms. Suess has taken it a bit far though.

She's the mini that drew me to the range though, well her and Vito Vendetta (an undead Halfling mobster).

6NwO5Z.jpgNURa9U.jpgPOsNRr.jpg

Yeah, not Ms. Suess (I tried removing her mechanical arm to make it easier to paint and a load of paint from her torso came with it. She was scrubbed down so I could start again but I lost interest).

So I've done a bit more work on her assistant, the Ghoul.

Just did his engine parts in Vallejo Oily Steel and Hammered Copper, Black and Brown washes, then reapplied the Oily Steel and Hammered Copper. Didn't want to go too bright with the metallics, keep it looking a bit worn and grubby.

• Like 9

RsvoXl.jpg6UQBzu.jpg

I got carried away today, and he's all finished (well he was, but I just spotted that stray bit of blue on his engine).

Basecoated his coat and hat (Ashen Blue), waistcoat (Sapphire Blue) and trousers (Rainy Grey), then gave them all a Blue Wash. I then reapplied the basecoats and the coat and hat got an extra highlight of 1:1 Ashen Blue/Linen White.

His scarf(?) was based in Aircraft Grey and highlighted with Linen White.

Now he goes into stasis until I finally get my basing stamps.

• Like 8

Great work, shame the other one had to be cleaned.

Thanks!

It's not a total loss, I was starting to have second thoughts about Ms. Suess' colour scheme any ways and it gave me the opportunity to start over.

Great work on the minion assistant.   Now we just need the mistress to make the pair.

• Like 1

Great work on the minion assistant.   Now we just need the mistress to make the pair.

Thanks.

I need a free cork before I can get back to Ms. Suess. At the moment that requires buying some more corks or actually finishing something for a change.