Encounter at Planet 045Z-Beta (Sally Starfield & Chthon - 92639)

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool! Because of Sally's semi-casual pose, and the way you painted her face makes her look focused but calm, I'd say she's got this fight. One space bug soon to become a pile of blasted, sizzling goo methinks.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the compliments and comments everyone!   ::D:

Super.  Love the paintjob and the story.

You also beat me to it, I was just thinking to put astrogirl against the chton.

Now to find another creepy thing to fight.

Hah! They do make a great little battle don't they?

Very cool! Because of Sally's semi-casual pose, and the way you painted her face makes her look focused but calm, I'd say she's got this fight. One space bug soon to become a pile of blasted, sizzling goo methinks.

I think she also has the advantage with her awesome weaponry, this bug bit off more than it can chew!

Great job! I like how the critters' hide blends with the environment, and the green ooze is perfect.

Thanks! Yeah, I wanted to make him a true predator that blended in with its environment.

Also uber how did you do the lettering. Stencil?

I cheated a bit. I found a font I liked on Word, picked the color and shading (it's an icy blue color), I printed it out on some cardstock, and then used some clear packaging tape over to give it more strength and super-glued it to the base.  :poke:

Re: ooze/goo - if anyone is interested the way I did the pool of ooze was a mix of Realistic Water and Tamiya Green paint. The Goo on the chthon is a mix of Tamiya Green and Aleene's Tacky Glue and then I used some SC 75 green ink (as a watered down glaze) to tint it even more.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 3

Anyone notice the previous meal the Chthon had? I put a little skull into the sand near him as a tiny point of interest.  :B):

ETA: Can be seen best in 2nd to last pic and the pics showing the piece from the top.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 2