Sign in to follow this  
Jay

3d printed paint station

Nice!  Did you create the file you used for the print?

I've been looking into getting a 3D printer myself. Mind if I ask what kind you have? Looks like the results are pretty smooth.

I'm wondering what the limit is to how many paint bottle holders you could have. My collection is larger than five bottles.  :blush:

I think its purpose is to organize the desk for when you are actively painting as opposed to a paint bottle rack for all of your paint.

Edited by Mr Melons
  • Like 3

Nice!  Did you create the file you used for the print?

I've been looking into getting a 3D printer myself. Mind if I ask what kind you have? Looks like the results are pretty smooth.

Yes, I used 3d studio max. There are a lot of programs available for 3d modeling.

I bought a PowerSpec 3D pro from the local microcenter. It has a good print size and a dual head extruder.

The tech is changing rapidly so mine will be obsolete within months. You do have to start somewhere though.

I'm wondering what the limit is to how many paint bottle holders you could have. My collection is larger than five bottles.  :blush:

Mine too! I wanted to keep the ones I used on a single figure together. If I stop for a while and come back I don't have to memorize what colors I was using. I was limited by the size of the print bed too

• Like 2

I'd make that pallet area a wet pallet if I had one of those.  Will that material hold water?

• Like 2

I'd make that pallet area a wet pallet if I had one of those.  Will that material hold water?

• A small wet palette area. My big wet palette collects dirt, flecks of dried paint, cat hair, etc.
  • If the wet palette is small I will have to change it often. It won't have time to grow mold or collect dirt

It should hold water perfectly fine.

Edited by Mr Melons
  • Like 1

That's pretty awesome! If you ever offer these for sale, I would be game to get one.

Currently I'm using a Games Workshop paintstation, but it doesn't fit the smaller paint bottles (reaper, vallejo, etc) and is kind of big for where i use it.

• Like 1

It's made of pla plastic. It does hold water

• Like 1

That's pretty awesome! If you ever offer these for sale, I would be game to get one.

Currently I'm using a Games Workshop paintstation, but it doesn't fit the smaller paint bottles (reaper, vallejo, etc) and is kind of big for where i use it.

I'll show it to Reaper at ReaperCon. They might be interested in professionally making them.

• Like 1

I'll show it to Reaper at ReaperCon. They might be interested in professionally making them.

That'd be very cool. I really like painting stations, especially ones that I can easily move.

• Like 1

Thats very cool. I like the spots for the dropper bottles. Might I suggest making the water area a bit deeper and a bumb or line texture on the bottom for cleaning brushes. I'd buy one!

-Gunz

Thats very cool. I like the spots for the dropper bottles. Might I suggest making the water area a bit deeper and a bumb or line texture on the bottom for cleaning brushes. I'd buy one!

-Gunz

Good ideas, thanks :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this