Sign in to follow this  
Qwyksilver

Signs you're raising a war gamer

English Language Arts.  Basically a combination of Reading and Writing.

I'm slowly losing my ability to speak like a clinician and sound more and more like a teacher. :lol:

Edited by Qwyksilver
  • Like 4

If I lived in TX that might be more of a concern.  But I live in Massachusetts.  I'll likely get more grief because in D&D you use violence than with all the devil mumbo jumbo.  Even if more than half the school plays Call of Duty, and currently we are only PK-2.

Oddly enough, in the current campaign we are playing in our group has subdued and captured more of our antagonists than we have killed and dutifully handed them over to city guard. We have only killed 2 so far and captured and turned in about 12. We have talked our way out of several situations in which the GM was fully expecting us to charge in and try and kill everything. I think we are keeping her really off balance with our tactics. On the other hand the cast of characters we developed isn't going to last long in prolonged combat.

Edit: Heck, I'm confused by our tactics!

Edited by Heisler
  • Like 4

If I lived in TX that might be more of a concern.  But I live in Massachusetts.  I'll likely get more grief because in D&D you use violence than with all the devil mumbo jumbo.  Even if more than half the school plays Call of Duty, and currently we are only PK-2.

Yes, Mass. has a long history of being involved in the Dark Arts and Devil-summoning - but these days they refer to it as "Driver's Ed."... ::D:

• Like 6

Lately I've been helping to raise two of my cousins as my stepsiblings. Since then they have willingly jumped into some of the games I ran, one of which being A Song of Ice and Fire Role Playing, and Yggdrasil, a viking fantasy game.

The girl and older of the two tends to favor the more social and covert aspects of teamwork. Wheres the younger brother tends to favor frontline fighting and tactis. Still though they tend to prefer going straight into the action. XD

• Like 1